The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

The joke would have completely lost its effect if he pulled the trigger too early. Yes, an arduous wait, but worth it.

2 Likes

Stewart who? Never heard of him.

1 Like

Feedline, punchline, bang - repeat for 20 mins and wait for the people from Mock the Week to call.

Stand up comedy can be more than that.

2 Likes

Check him out, he’s fucking great.

5 Likes

He’s just so interesting in terms of the way he puts his stuff together. Love him.

3 Likes

This is a true story.

A few years ago, I found myself on a train going from London to somewhere up north. Somewhere around Peterborough, it became apparent that there we an increasing number of balls out racists on the train with EDL and NF membership paraphernalia all over them. There was obviously some sort of rally going on somewhere further on the route.

I ended up sat across the train from a bloke wearing a leather jacket which he’d customised with a British flag and the slogan ‘ain’t no black in the Union Jack’ The only problem was the transfer was was so faded and cracked, there was literally more black in his Union Jack than there was red, white or blue.

Irony not a strong suit with your average racist.

3 Likes

A politically correct liberal who hates TopGear and its presenters.

Diametrically opposed to me, that’s why I don’t like him.

2 Likes

Top Gear is utter shite.

EDIT; I should clarify, have watched the new crew on occasion and don’t mind them.

And he actually quite often mocks political correctness.

4 Likes

He is definitely a commentator from the left, but he frequently mocks the absurdities of liberal progressives.

The bit about his ‘black wife’ is genius.

2 Likes

In your opinion, I loved it. Now it’s shite which is a shame as Fred’s a really nice guy, met him a few times. Chris Harris wears racing shoes and that other guy’s a talentless buffoon.

2 Likes

I don’t like Top Gear, any of the presenters or their politics (or have any interest in cars) but it was an incredibly entertaining and funny show.

Stewart Lee is okay but only really loved by those who are very political and align with his views. There are countless comedians that are funnier than he is.

4 Likes

I think what we have learned here is that everyone has their own personal preferences in comedy and arguing about it isn’t going to change anyone’s mind.

So if you all just agree with me that he is the best comedian in the country we can all carry on and have a nice day.

2 Likes

Partially true. I think a discussion about comedy in the United thread is right.

Personally I think Ole is the best comedian in the country right now.

2 Likes

Always love how when fans discuss what they need to be champions it’s about 5 players, only mentioning it here because I saw that this morning from Man Utd fans.

RBL do us all a favour eh

6 Likes

Talking to one of the dads at kids footy yesterday who was adamant Ole would win the title at United and had Klopp been appointed at Old Trafford he’d have been sacked.

7 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I missed the dad part when I first skimmed this and thought you had been talking to a kid.

Made perfect sense coming from a child…

5 Likes

I fucking love that JK said this…

I had talks with other clubs and they didn’t sound like a football club. It sounded like marketing, image, you need to sign this, you need to sign that. And I thought ‘wow, that’s not the game I love.’

It’s all part of football, but it cannot be the number one, two, three, four priority. First of all please try to improve the game we play.

I love even more that they won’t accept it.

Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt, it turns out.

7 Likes

And we know that’s probably Man Utd as it was known he was approached by them.

2 Likes

Only one suitable GIF for this.

2 Likes

Sorry if already posted. Raiola says Pogs leaving.

“I can say that it’s over for Paul Pogba at Manchester United,” Raiola said.

2 Likes