The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

3 Likes

I 100% agree with the statement from the Uruguayan PFA. Very well said. [Screenshot below]

7 Likes

What are the odds on the UFA getting an intelligent response from the English FA.

The Uruguayan PFA, rather than Uruguayan FA. Even so I expect the FA will just not engage whatsoever. Bloody foreigners will simply never understand superior English inclusivity. :roll_eyes: :clown_face:

6 Likes

How about FA/PL banning all Uruguayan players from playing in England???

1 Like

And so they should.
Bleedin foreigners coming over here playing our football, I’m glad our team is full of home grown Scousers.

If it wasn’t for all these foreigners I could have been a top player.

2 Likes

My only problem with this is that it wasn’t Bruno Fernandes that got banned.

5 Likes

Shame they didn’t do something similar for Suarez.

Yes, many spoke out, but nothing as formal and organised as this

2 Likes

Again - Afro-Uruguayan people have expressed that the widespread use of the term makes them uncomfortable. Just because a predominantly white populous claims a potentially offensive word as part of their “culture”, doesn’t mean that word isn’t offensive to some people. Cavani should take the ban, and the Uruguayan FA should probably not make an issue out of this.

8 Likes

I think Suarez was on slightly less solid ground, tbf.

3 Likes

Agree. I’m in no position to judge what is or is not offensive to a demographic of which I am not part of. My issue with this is summed up very well by the Uruguayan PFA. It is for the speakers of the language being spoken to interpret and determine whether words spoken in their language between fellow speakers are or are not offensive, not the English FA.

If offense can be (and has been) taken in the language being spoken then the FA’s rules should apply and the relevant sanction imposed. If not, the FA shouldn’t be interpreting those words in an artificial context and imposing its own, English, idea of what is or isn’t (should or shouldn’t be) offensive in another culture.

5 Likes

i’m expecting the call for a new referendum on whether the UK should stay in the “World” or not.

We can do it alone. No need to mix with other countries at all.

2 Likes

For sure.

I would be more than happy eating only UK bananas and having only UK avocado on me sourdough!!!

6 Likes

Is that how you roll down in London is it?

if someone said avocado up here you’d get chinned.

5 Likes

Mate…bit of goat’s cheese, a squeeze of lemon, all mashed up…

I am getting one of them trouser-pingers just thinking about it… :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Calm down boyo

You dont want another mess to clear up now.

4 Likes

You’re not helping to challenge Welsh stereotypes :joy:

5 Likes

That’s a goat not a sheep :rage:

Unless he’s one of those weirdos that fancies goats rather than sheep.

4 Likes

Worked with a guy from Wales once, his name was Hugh and he said he felt he was always being given an instruction by people around him when he heard them speak… as in
Look Hugh…

I will get my coat :0)

3 Likes

@SBYM mentioned goat’s cheese.

We have wild goats. Buggers to catch… to milk to make cheese that is.

I’d be pretty bloody useless if I couldn’t tell the difference between a goat and a sheep now wouldn’t I.

I would argue that’s actually an Essex goat. Seems to be right in your face.

3 Likes