The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Fact is the Manures are on top of the table now meaning they did better than us.
Fact is Man City might overtake us if they win their 2 games in hand.

But also fact is we will return to top of the league if we win this Sunday.

So if this does not motivate and fire up the team, nothing will. We will prevail.

3 Likes

Another couple of facts…

Man utd haven’t been kicked all over the pitch by Everton and lost some of their best players

And man utd have had more than there fair share of dodgy penalty decisions in their favour

1 Like

Nah, they are winning the league this season, I’ve been sure of that for a while. Our fanbase’s complete denial convinces me even more, to be honest, especially as they continue to rack up jammy wins. I’m not sure I mind it too much at this point, this season reminds me of 2012/13 when the league was as weak as I remember it but they had the deepest squad, virtually no injuries, one extremely inspired world class player and got some dodgy decisions, quite like this season. I hate it that Solskjaer will end the season having won the same number of PL titles as a manager as Klopp but for me, the most important thing is that Liverpool are ready for the next season and the one after it and so on. It’s a shit season after all (even if I hoped that Liverpool win it for Klopp) and, while I’d be disappointed if club don’t qualify for CL, I can’t fault them for anything else with half the team out and no centre backs, especially after their accomplishments of past two seasons.

There were three moments last season when I started thinking that Liverpool might win the title: Sane and Laporte getting injured and beating Man United at Anfield. I think that there are a lot of Man United fans who will be thinking something along those lines come Sunday night, only with the names of our players and our team instead. Club perhaps made a similar mistake as Man City last season when it comes to centre backs but they couldn’t account for two centre backs finishing the season early and both big signings missing large chunk of the season. They could have accounted for one centre back being Matip, though, but I understand the financial issues, especially after not being able to offload the players we thought would be sold.

I do hope our lads give them hell on Sunday, even if they realistically have only one good leg to stand on. Solskjaer is right, they couldn’t pick a better moment to face our lads but I hope to see some spite and defiance from them even in these circumstances.

3 Likes

Still think that City are the bigger favorites for the title than ManU.

Games are coming thick and fast now for ManU and then the EL will do the rest.

We have to concentrate on ourselves. Get a point or three on sunday and then start a run.

4 Likes

Completely agree.

City bat as deep as any squad on the planet and their injury woes are minor. They will soon be 1 point behind Utd, or even ahead of them when we get a result on Sunday.

Plus they know how to win a league. Put all of the vitriol aside, that run they went on to pip us two years ago…not a snowflake’s chance in the hottest pits of hell could Ole pull something like that off, both managerially and with the players he has at his disposal.

To say nothing of the fact that we are not yet even at the halfway point.

8 Likes

I was just hearing on Radio 5 that United have an incredible away record at the moment. Haven’t lost away in the Premier League since they last played at Anfield last January? Can’t be bothered checking how many games that run includes but it is an amazing record by any standards.

I know we have created the persona of useless Ole and this thread is stacked with 1467 posts mostly mocking him and United…but actually, compared to Ferguson, he seems to have turned them round remarkably quickly.

Still think we will beat them on Sunday though. We may have temporarily lost the ability to put the lesser sides to the sword but we still seem to be able to raise our game for the big ones.

Don’t worry @Nikola the one compensation, if as you expect, they go on to clinch the title, is that they will have to keep Useless Ole for at least another year :wink:

5 Likes

This is a low point, even for you.

7 Likes

I think we simply need to look after ourselves. Get ourselves back into form and get on a run. Things will look a lot rosier if we can do that.

5 Likes

Which part exactly? I actually think I had lower points but I’m willing to debate if you are.

2 Likes

Even if they beat us on Sunday I don’t think they will win the title. They don’t have the squad for that.

2 Likes

This part. @RedForever gets pelters for negativity and yet you go on and on and on spouting this. It’s not even a debate. Give it a rest.

6 Likes

As for actually winning the thing, too early, considering no one’s been able to build some sort of distance from the rest. We had the chance to build something in past weeks, but we’ve dropped some points. If City win their games, they go second. Could easily put them right back in the mix and they remain the better side than United in my opinion. So… United have done well to get in this position, but still a lot of proving to do until May.

2 Likes

They also have the Europa League to contend with again soon, a competition notorious for impacting league form. Long way to go yet in this race.

6 Likes

I’m really not sure what you want me to say. That I expect Liverpool to pip them and Man City to the title without any fit centre backs and without Jota, with half of the team running on fumes and being low on confidence? Or that I don’t expect their team that that gets iffy decisions in crucial moments, that has virtually zero injured players and already a strong bench to sustain this vein of form?

Unless Fernandes suffers a season-ending injury this week or there’s an sustained injury crisis affecting them, I struggle to see how they won’t continue like this. Even then, I’m sure that referees would more than make up for that. They are not a great football side, they are just less shit and luckier than the rest of the league and that’s why I think they’re going to win it.

4 Likes

I think we are letting United get to us. Hopefully it’s not getting to Klopp or the squad.

Yeah, United are top of the table and three points ahead of us. But it’s more to do with our wretched run than their good run (or luck). If we weren’t so jammy against Fulham, WBA (basically sleep-walked the entire second half), Newcastle and Southampton (a game where even Mane didn’t have the spark) they would have been still longingly looking at us.

Let United have their few days of sun and warmth. We need to become the Mentality Monsters, again, and it will be business usual. They have just two quality players in Fernandez and Cavani. If two players could win the league; Gerrard and Torres would have done that years ago.

United being at the top only illustrates how awful we have been and it’s in our hands to change that. YNWA.

4 Likes

There is only so long that luck will keep them at the top.

They were pretty shit last night against Burnley. They aren’t going to come to Anfield and waltz the game.

To be fair, if United win the league, fair play to them. But I just can’t see that happening personally.

2 Likes

No, but they do get an extra five players on their side every match.

3 Likes

As I mentioned @RedForever gets called into question because of the same concerns which he is holding the owners accountable for. You state this and nobody bats an eyelid because well, it’s Nikola and you categorically state that United will win the the league and that our fanbase is in complete denial about it. Come off it man. We know that you have a pessimistic output on things but it doesn’t half come across as simply ridiculous at times. Imo you don’t want to get your hopes up because you don’t want to be disappointed and you expect the worst so that when it happens it doesn’t hurt too much. Live a little. If we don’t win then we don’t win. We pick up and we move on.

5 Likes

In all my years of watching Football from the old First Division right through the Premiership… Never have I seen such a Scabby team hit the top as this Manc Shite.
They got to be the Scabbiest ever.!
Think Jurgen might just be giving them delusions of grandeur and false hope to wallow in for a couple of weeks, before bringing them crashing down to reality by steamrolling their dreams…!

5 Likes

First off, Jota should be back this month.

Second of all, until yesterday we were first without fit centre backs, half the team injured and cunt referees doing their best to derail us. They on the contrary have had no injuries, but unbelievable amounts of luck and penalties whenever they’ve needed them. Still they only managed to overtake us less than 24 hours ago.

Third of all, this Liverpool team and manager are miles ahead of manure’s. Even without Van Dijk and Gomez. They still have Harry McGuire as their CB and Tom McTominay in midfield, who must be one of the worst cloggers to have ever played for either them or us. And they have Solskjaer. Anyone here believes that he would have coped well with half the amount of injuries that we have sustained?

You are just assuming that everything will pan out in the same way in the second round of fixtures as it did in the first. But even for them this run of absurd luck has to end at some point. Some of their more important players will get injured and they will lose form. Let’s see how well they do then. There is no universe in which Solskjaer finishes ahead of Klopp.

3 Likes