The Middle East Thread

And the answer they will come to is that Zionism can never again be privileged and aloud to run amok shutting down any criticism claiming ‘anti-semitism’.

2 Likes

117,000/km :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WTH does Mawasi mean? Beach? It is basically a strip between a coastal road, and another parallel road.

I thought for a second it was a map of the entire Gaza area.

1 Like

מטוסי קרב של צה"ל החלו בגל תקיפות נרחב בשטח לבנון, פרטים נוספים בהמשך.

— דובר צה״ל דניאל הגרי - Daniel Hagari (@IDFSpokesperson) February 14, 2024

IDF fighter jets began an extensive wave of attacks in Lebanese territory, more details later.

It’s really scary when an Israeli uses the word extensive

I heard a UN official say this morning that the area they are talking about wouldn’t be big enough to take all the displaced people even if they were all standing next to each other.

3 Likes

That is nonsense, and not useful hyperbole. There are a million square meters in a single km2, and people take up about 1 m2.

The more relevant point is that people packed that densely cannot possibly be sustained at a tenth of that density - not in terms of acceptable living conditions, but the simple logistics of basic needs.

Seriously dudes :man_facepalming:

He was obviously exaggerating , but he did do a good of exposing the absurdity of the proposition.

2 Likes

Some real nutcases blockading the (trickle of) aids going into Gaza. I can see how/why entities like Hamas can gain traction among the Palestinians.

2 Likes

The discourse is out in the open now.

Egypt really is in a horrific position. Any weakening on their resolve to hold their border simply encourages the hard-settler element in the Netanyahu government that the full evacuation of Rafah is possible. But that resolve entails allowing an unsustainable concentration of civilians right on their doorstep.

I do think there’s an agreement in place between Egypt and Israel / USA on this.

They are just waiting for probably the correct time for Egypt to accept such a move. Sisi has to manage his countrymen first.

Israeli military says it has ‘credible intelligence’ that Hamas held hostages at Nasser hospital

Yeah right :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

No point reading further. Fuck the zionist scum

It is hypocritical, but in the compromised world of politics, since it was a $95 billion package perhaps he reasoned that in order to get $81 billion going where it should, he would have to accept $14 billion going where it should not.

I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. He’s simply shown that he’s unwilling to go past the dictates of the democratic party establishment.

He’s not the only one who’ll make the decision to give funds to regimes like Israel despite not liking what they do. He’s a politician and like all politicians , full of hot air.

I think that is absolutely the case. Only two Democrats voted against it, and the White House was working the Hill hard to get it through. Van Holden held his nose and has trusted the Administration on Israel, and justifies it to himself in part because it also provides for aid in Gaza. But fundamentally his vote was about Ukraine.

The Senate has always been a place of compromise, sometimes dubious, and still is now despite the Trump era.