The Music Thread

In anticipation of the reunion I am about to smash the greatest album of all time.

Is it my imagination or have I finally found something worth living for……I was looking for some action but all I found was cigarettes and alcohol….

Sgt Peppers?

For me the music died when the Bachelors imploded in an orgy of drugs, booze and women. Sad time…

1 Like

Terrible news about Oasis.

Thoughts and prayers :cry:

2 Likes

Nah legendary boozy singalong laddish rock n roll is back so bring it on.

1 Like

One good song from two dickheads in eighteen years.

(Two , if you count this ; )

I wonder if Michael has still got his Rowing Boat :0)

Saw this on twitter…

So many tweets regarding Oasis and tickets and folk saying only the true fans should get them, I’ve loved Oasis ever since they released Parklife so it’s only right I get first dibs on them

4 Likes

I suspect that a lot of people will want tickets just to see whether the brothers punch each other.

I suppose Oasis are a bit like The Kinks in that respect, just without as many decent tunes.

Wife and I are probably going to have a stab at the tickets - one of those things you do if you get a chance I think. Mrs did go to see Taylor Swift a couple of weeks ago - I gave that a hard pass.

We are intending to go to Glasto (again) next year, and their tour dates allow for them making an appearance so fingers crossed we get tickets, and they do that too.

2 Likes

And lest we ever forget ;

1 Like

Have to confess to having a good few of their tracks on a playlist.
But i wouldn’t spend a second, or a penny trying to see them live.

Saw them open for the Black Crows in the day. Think they even called it something like the brotherly disfunction tour.

Was disappointed that Noel only insulted Liam once during their set and the Robinsons appeared to actually enjoy performing together.

Still not sure if I like this group, or dislike them… Will have to monitor them for a bit longer - they are gaining in popularity though
Blondie’s - ‘Call Me’

Sparks - This Town Aint Big Enough For The Both Of Us

2 Likes

Popular does not equal good.

2 Likes

This is absolute bullshit. Hotel and Airline surge pricing is a seasonal thing. Concerts are not. They must think everyone is an idiot to believe this

Another old George Harrison video popped up on YouTube. It’s Crackerbox Palace from 1976 and the video is directed by Eric Idle with about half the cast of Monty Python (and Neil Innes from Rutles, Bonzos etc):

3 Likes

Random Northern Soul #1 Eddie Parker-I’m Gone

2 Likes

5th September - Freddie Mercury would have been 78yrs young today

3 Likes