The Owners - FSG

100% Apparantly the Andy Carroll transfer caused pretty significant damage in that respect…

Barely anyone seems to have got the reference. That’s when you know you’re old.

1 Like

I’m certainly not bemoaning them for that but I would have liked to see us add Saul on loan as Chelsea have done. Or add a young midfielder like Bissouma or add a young attacking option like Daka as Leicester did.

Worth remembering that they wouldn’t be 5th choice as such as that suggests that they’re lower in ranking for game time as would actually be the case given that we play three up front. With everyone fit they’d be second off the bench. With one of the four injured they’d be first off the bench. With two injured, off form, or absent at the AFCON (Mané and Salah) they’d be starting.

2 Likes

Well, second off the bench if they make it on there - like with Origi, more flexible options such as Ox and Minamino may make it ahead of them.

As for Leicester, despite all their business this window, their fans still appear to be unhappy that positions in their first team have not been properly addressed (right wing particularly). Almost every summer we see fans compare our activity with that of Leicester and who they have signed - but I rarely see the same people acknowledge the following year that those signings have been poor.

Just for the record you can believe FSG are “good” owners and not want them to sell and face the lucky dip on what new owners you get BUT STILL think they have been massively over cautious with financial backing for Klopp over the transfer windows since we won the CL and that has held us back from being even more successful than we could have been.

Their careful, safe, approach was supposed to mean we could handle difficult times better than others yet when we got to difficult times everyone else has been able to act more like normal than we have.

Its an approach to the transfer market that would see any manager other than Klopp leave over nor being backed and, in my opinion, no other manager standing a chance of winning anything.

I feel we are on a counting down clock, Klopps time here to win things with us and create a legacy like he should is dwindling away and every season he’s not getting the (very little) backing that he’s wanting. And when he goes we either start to drop off or have to drastically change our approach to even further than Klopp is asking for now. If we have to do it in the future it’s unfair not to do it for Klopp now.

1 Like

What I dont understand from those that expect FSG to bank roll the club is how they expect them (FSG) to do this?
They cant just dip into their very deep pockets and throw £100m into the club coffers. Or do they do a City, and come up with some fake, plastic, over priced sponsorship deal?

Well, I’d be wanting a forward option better than Ox and Minamino otherwise I agree, there’d be no point!

2 Likes

When the accounts for this financial year come out in spring 2023 they will either be a profit or extra payments would have been made to loans than required, or both.

Where are you getting this information?

What information?

Your claims about the accounts?

It is standard, but the point is it also takes a lot of money. That money is then not available for transfers.

2 Likes

Post Covid I somehow doubt that. Even if there were I doubt it would buy you one Mbappe. Perhaps not even half a Mbappe. I guess we’ll have to see.

Common sense, revenues back to normal, expenditure off the books, no more expenditure added to the books, Nike deal increases showing. Wages have gone up a little but incomings have too.

Saul wanted £200k + a week wages, there is no way we entertain that level of investment for our 4th choice midfielder who is also going to take gametime away from Elliot/Jones (not saying he isn’t better than either of these btw).

Bissouma I would have loved us to sign, but again it’s a hard sell to him basically saying he has to move from 1st choice to 2nd choice and again he would take minutes away from Elliot/Jones.

With regards to an attacker I’ve said many times I think we should have strengthened, but I also don’t think it’s an easy task and was pretty much dependant on Origi leaving. I personally don’t think Daka comes here, he’d look at Leicester and see a clear pathway to being first choice within 12 months, and then do well enough get the move to a club like Liverpool.

My main point is people see words like “strengthen” and “invest” and blindly take this as meaning transfers. Retention is well over half the game, even more so when we’ve had to wait a year before offering contract renewals etc.

2 Likes

Nobody was demanding Mbappe just a young forward of maybe £40m tops so we don’t have to start both Origi and Minamino if Jota or Firmino is injured during AFCON would have been nice. Players went to be back ups at clubs worse than us this summer who were better than out back ups.

Edit. And Covid isn’t set to have any effect on the 2021-22 financial year.

1 Like

Pulling it out of your arse then.

Where’s the proof?

“a little” without knowing the details of the contracts.

1 Like

Examples?

Evidence?

in your opinion, not Klopp’s.

maybe, maybe not. the Premier League win after 30 years was quite a nice success though.

Because they’ve gambled with taking out loans or don’t actually need to worry about money in the first place.

This is complete guesswork.

There is no evidence at all to suggest this is the case.

Klopp has repeatedly stated he’s happy with the squad. Stop projecting your feelings as his feelings, you don’t know the bloke anymore than any of the rest of us.

More holes in this than in the Arsenal defence. Which ironically has had a bunch of money spent on it and is still shit. It’s okay to think FSG haven’t done what you would hope but stop making out that your opinion is the opinion of the manager who repeatedly makes his feelings known to be completely contrary to yours.

6 Likes

I blame the stupid fucking international break.

5 Likes