The Owners - FSG

Maybe you should just go support City then, with the amount of praise you’re throwing their way.

Or if you like, Newcastle’s available too. Both fit your particular ethos.

3 Likes

I genuinely think a lot of our fans would prefer to have United net spend and trophy haul over the last five years than ours.

2 Likes

For me that’s a tricky one, especially in today’s football economic climate. I don’t like these conversations about our ownership, generally, bc everyone has their line drawn and knives drawn on either side of the debate.

From a romantic viewpoint, absolutely, we all want custodians of the club doing their part for competitive success and financial sustainability.

From a realist view, I’m not so sure there’s room for romance at the top anymore. Money has changed everything, if a clubs aspirations are to win multiple league titles, European titles, and remain in the Top 6. Money has polluted literally every avenue and industry, football is no different.

1 Like

Maybe it’s my legacy trauma from the Rafa years, but I always thought Net Spend Trophy™ always referred to the teams that did the most on the least amount of spend.

Apparently I’m wrong.

1 Like

The irony of this is that City’s owners are substantially worse than the mafia.

3 Likes

A season here we had almost no injuries. Look, you are obviously invested in preserving this perceived “Liverpool” way of doing things. I’m interested in NOT waiting 24 years (my wait from 1996 to 2020) to win our next league title.

The arguments about having scouting in place is completely moot. You think City and CHelsea don’t have scouts and all? You can have good infrastructure AND owners who are willing to back the manager heavily.

We obviously have different visions of what is good for the club.

Get with it. It’s all about the dopamine hit and banter lols.

2 Likes

So you have no objection to women being arrested just because they are women, or homosexuals being arrested for being gay, or journalists being butchered and body dupmed in woods like trash by a clubs owner?

If you’re ok with that, that is totally your perogative, but I suggest you find a club that is just as moralless as none of that would ever be acceptable by our fans

And with the injury list of most seasons, we’d still be alright. Barely any other team gets hit with the injury crises to particular positions that we do. I will still say, perhaps with red-tinted goggles, that we have a better squad than City player-for-player despite all that they’ve spent.

I’ve already suggested what you should do then.

Good riddance.

1 Like

Who’s the troll?

4 Likes

I think if Klopp wanted more ‘backing’ he’d be on the blower to John Henry and it would get sorted.

Back the manager simply means I want signings. I don’t think you get to invoke Jurgen in this without knowing what his opinion on the matter is.

3 Likes

100% and if you believe Liverpool based journalists Klopp has been clear that unless a long term target is available he won’t make short term moves in this window.

I’d argue he was more happy seeing the bulk of the spine of the team signed to new contracts last summer than bringing in anyone

3 Likes

Long discussion to be had that is probably not suitable for a football forum, but you are completely missing the point, which is to find owners who are willing to back the club. Can be an Abramovich, hell even Villa’s owners are more ambitious. YOu seem to think having morals and money are mutually exclusive.

You know what makes me most grateful for FSG? The one person you’re saying is responsible for winning the league. No other owners or club appointed Jurgen. How much of a factor do you think FSG was in Jurgen’s decision to join? :thinking:

3 Likes

He is literally a criminal… and Chelsea owe him £1.5billion if he ever gets bored.

6 Likes

Very Funny Laughing GIF

4 Likes

Absolutely. Klopp is the first to back his boys and show his distaste for the continual player churn you see at other clubs.

I don’t mind people being pissed off with the strategy, but we need to be clear that the transfer policy at LFC is something Klopp is fully invested in. If @jarlaxle1771 is pissed at FSG, then he really should also be pissed at Jurgen too. Anything else is just cowardice.

5 Likes

As a mod, I’m happy to say it’s a perfectly reasonable discussion

If LFC were being used to sportswash a blood drenched oil state, that to me is more important than the vicarious glory of any tin pots won.

3 Likes

A few tried. Utd in particular. Jurgen didn’t fancy it.

1 Like

I can’t believe that nobody showed him how much United spend…

2 Likes