The Owners - FSG

Demand 1 - Sign Mbappe
Demand 2 - lower ticket prices

6 Likes

Demand 3 - FSG out

4 Likes

Iā€™d say this has worked out perfectly for FSG.

Does it have any real teeth?

I read it, and it just seemed to me like a decent PR sort of thing for the owners, as they will consult more formally with fan groups, but it seemed a bit too nebulous, as ā€œfan-facingā€ issues needs definition (isnā€™t everything to do with LFC of interest to its fans?) and also, without skin in the game, I donā€™t see how the proper board can take the fan rep too seriously.

Also, what of confidentiality issues? Will the fan rep have to sign a non disclosure agreement before going to the proper board meeting?

I donā€™t want to pee on anyoneā€™s chips, but to my mind it looks a bit like tokenism. We are consulting with fans. And look, weā€™ve even drawn it all up.

Edit:
Oh, and the other glaring issue is that the fan base does not speak with one voice, and anyone who says they are speaking on behalf of the fans is giving themselves too great of an importance.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what people are expecting when it comes to fan involvement in running a club like Liverpool. We all know that FSG take no notice of anyone Liverpool-based or even UK-based when it comes to making the big decisions about the club and this wonā€™t change that. SOS wonā€™t be vetoing the next attempt to start a European Super League thatā€™s for sure. But on smaller scale issues that affect fans directly, i.e. facilities, merchandising, ticketing, etc and issues involving the club that impact on local people it has got to be a good thing to have fan groups working more closely with the club.

As to whether these groups represent all fans of course they donā€™t but itā€™s up to people to get involved if they want their views represented. Itā€™s easy to be critical and I donā€™t agree with everything SOS say or do but they, and the other groups represented on this board, do a lot of good work not just for Liverpool fans but for football fans in general.

6 Likes

I would question why the board has 10 representatives from Spirit of Shankly. Seems a relatively high number if the total membership is 16.

3 Likes

Credit to the owners.

Why aint there any representative from Singapore Liverpool Genius Artist Fan?

ā€¦ or my familly come to think of it.

So it will have 16 members, 10 from SoS and the 16 will vote a Chair and Vice Chair.

Yep, that makes perfect sense and no chance will SoS try to bully or manipulate the vote in any way or form

1 Like

NO WAY this is real šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ Klopp is working miracles with putrid owners. They need to be binned. #FSGOUT #lfc pic.twitter.com/npTIq9QoLQ

ā€” Rollo Tomassi (@6_times_) January 7, 2022

#FSGOUT

we need these donkeys out asap or we are going to be in the dumpster when Klopp leaves

Wasnā€™t this already posted and debated a few days ago? Nothing to see here, just selective nitpicking and sensationalism.

The bigger scandal is the amount that both United and Arsenal have spent.

3 Likes

Yes and like always with ā€œtransferā€ only images it ignores the massive amount we spend on wages vā€™s revenue.

3 Likes

As @redalways says, your link has already been discussed before (pretty sure it was doing the rounds last year too) and shown to be wrong. However, even if it were correct the owners are far from being donkeys as it would mean that we are challenging City with what is probably our best squad since the 80ā€™s (at least) despite not having spent all our available funds on it.

Thereā€™s a very good argument that FSG are the best owners in the league. Be careful what you wish forā€¦unless what you wish for are owners like those at City, Chelsea, United, Newcastle?

Isnā€™t the whole idea of being custodians of a club like Liverpool that you make it as successful as it can be without simply throwing wads of blood-smeared cash at it?

11 Likes

The last time we challenged was 2 seasons ago. This season is going to be a walk in the park for City, and unless someone thinks we can replace all the guys who will be in their 30s when Klopp leaves (Hendo, Thiago, front 3) we need to start thinking about additions.

1. We need further depth to be able to sustain a challenge to City over the course of a season
  2. aging players

We are punching above our weight because of Klopp. When he leaves we could easily be in the same situation when Fergie left Man U - aging players with no refreshing of the squad. I have been supporting liverpool since 96/97 and we won ONE league in that time thanks to our best manager. I donā€™t know about you guys but I donā€™t want to wait another 26 years for our next league.

My biggest pet peeve with a lot of those types of posts that talk about how FSG arenā€™t investing, is that an underlying implication seems to be that we ought to invest on our successā€¦ By abandoning the very principles and methods that our success was built on. That just makes absolutely no sense to me. We didnā€™t go out and buy Virgil/Alisson because of the big price tags/names. We went out and bought them despite those because we felt that the value that they brought to our team was there.

Similarly, and really underappreciated (which is what gets me the most), is that we waited a season to get what was seemingly our primary target in KonatĆ©. Even Kabak was brought in only because he was available on our terms. If Virgil and Gomez hadnā€™t gotten really unfortunate injuries when they did, we wouldnā€™t have fared as poorly as we did. We were down to our 7th and 8th choices, with both our January signings injured at one point. No panic signing of anyone in the summer could have forestalled that.

2 Likes

I think the idea of a football club is to play good football and win titles. Period.

Who the owners are is irrelevant unless they are the mafia or something. What is considered right or wrong or ā€œblood-smearedā€ as you call it is subjective and dependant on the information one is fed (which depends on where heā€™s from) as well as oneā€™s own beliefs.

Hang on, wasnā€™t it supposed to be a walk in the park for Chelsea in October?

Completely underselling the structure and system that exists at club-level. JĆ¼rgen didnā€™t sign those players. He did not scout them. Thereā€™s a whole team of highly-competent professionals dedicated to those jobs, who didnā€™t come here out of nothing.

Also for all the whining, weā€™re probably on similar form right now as we were at the end of the season we won the league.

1 Like