The Owners - FSG

Skip the middle man and just play a fridge at CB.

Ok but worthwhile remembering, our recent success has been about buying the right player, not the most expensive player.

Big if. But if Gomez and Taki are still here next season and the three forwards decide to either extend or see out their contracts, then it might be that we only actually sign one ÂŁ40m midfielder and Carvalho.

And that won’t be because the owners are balancing books or withholding funds. It will be because that’s the only business the manager will think we need to do.

6 Likes

He is more on the level of the vacumn cleaner range. They suck.

Who cares? The essential thing for this club is to be well-managed. Which it currently is, at all levels. Long may it stay like that. The rest doesn’t really matter.

5 Likes

Well-managed is something that should go without saying but after that I rather see that the owner has an interest in what he owns and that is more in the stands than just picking up a final here and there but that’s me.

Look at Moores, at g+h. Look at the current clusterf°ck at man utd.

A well-managed club is seldom enough, and a club as well-managed as currently ours, is an extreme rarity. We should take it in as long as it lasts.

7 Likes

Fact is, Gordon goes to a lot of games. Not sure the fascination with Henry and Werner attending. They’ve got other interests and are based stateside. Does the whole of FSG need to show up to games regularly? Surely the President of FSG is enough?

4 Likes

I thought they only had to sign the cheques, not check the signs?

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Abramovic for most of his tenure had his primary residence in Belgravia, a stone’s throw from Stamford Bridge. John Henry lives on an island in the atlantic ocean. But, importantly, Henry is only one of the principal owners and not the one most involved in the day to day running of the club. That is Mike Gordon and while he does still live in the US he is a face you probably don’t recognize and the cameras likely wouldn’t show if he were in attendance.

5 Likes

Gee really … I did not know that …

He also paid £1m a year for his season ticket despite owning the stadium the seat was in. If you’re going to do silly stuff like that to inject money in then you probably need to turn up to use that season ticket once in a while.

1 Like

Interwetten you say? City are being sponsored by Betweendrying, founded in 2024, they dry sports washed money.

5 Likes

I misread that as bedwettingdrying.

1 Like

I’m quite happy with our owners not being rabid fans. Could you imagine if some of us on here were in charge of the day to day running of the club? We’d be buying M’bappe and Haaland and any other ‘next big thing’.
I’d much rather have business people in charge of running the business side of things and football people the same for the footy.

We seem to be doing OK at the moment. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Does it look like this?
Tracy Island

5 Likes

:joy:

Note, not a private island…the damn pauper.

Hopefully this will put an end to that particular train of thought

2 Likes

A plan to shore up Terra Luna by creating more tokens was outlined

Absolute insanity.

I just don’t understand what crypto currency is!