The Owners - FSG

It literally trends all the time. Lots of clowns out there.

3 Likes

Give Klopp money in January for a midfielder.

Hand in pockets time…give JK the money…

Broken record.

2 Likes

They have built us up, expanded the stadium, are doing more on that, and we are probably the best team out there apart from the cheats, although we are depleted this season, mentally and physically, and the midfield needs some work.

We have won everything with them, and are unlucky to not have at least another CL, and were it not for Man City, who are a stain on the game, we’d have at least another couple of league titles.

The next move will be crucial, as the team needs some investment, especially in midfield, but I think it will all happen in an orderly manner, in the way FSG do things - not sexy, but orderly - and when we get some wages off the books we will refresh the engine room.

Hopefully we add a key midfielder in January, if the right player is available, and then another in summer.

2 Likes

Europa conference you like?

1 Like

I dont think this is a wage thing, but simply the availability of their preferred targets and having faith in the current squad to deliver for a further season.

Yes because not spending automatically equals Europa Conference, and spending blindly will ensure Champions League?

2 Likes

So FSG can’t spend money without doing it blindly. Ha ha ha ha.

Wasting your time.
Point him to @RedOverTheWater post above.

1 Like

If repeatedly your preferred players are not available, then you must be doing something wrong. Either your timing is wrong or the scope of your scouting is not broad or detailed enough.

Its ok to have faith in your squad, but if its not based on reality on the ground, then it can be called blind faith.

The season we lost all our centerbacks, the evidence was there in the summer that we were walking a tight rope.

This summer, the evidence was ALSO there that we were walking a tight rope in midfield.

The minimalist approach to recruitment is not working…

There is faith, then there is blind faith.

2 Likes

Timing was certainly an issue because we weren’t prioritising a midfielder this window, our initial discussions with the players we have an interest in was probably to discuss a possible move next year instead around which they and their clubs will have made their own plans. To then get late into the window and try to reverse that we begin to fall into the position Barca found themselves when they lost Neymar and panicked.

Not sure the owners can be blamed for the midfield. Certainly we were in for one with Tchouameni and I believe if Bellingham were available we would have gone for him as well.

So I’d put the onus more on Ward (lack of considered alternatives) and Klopp (for his belief in the squad).

I wonder will Julian Ward get demoted for the Tchouameni fiasco?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I post some shit when I`m pissed, but I just wan’t to say :smiley:

I mean it seems Julian Ward looks out of his depth at this level. All he has completed early was a Darwin Nunez deal? And don’t tell me there isn’t any players out there that cannot match up to Hendo, Milner, Keita and AOC in terms of ability?

Fiasco in what sense? Losing out to Real or more a case of not going for or signing another player? Failure certainly in not looking forward enough.

Bellingham obviously still at Dortmund. Newcastle signed Guimaraes in January for instance. So he could have been an option.

Question also whether we would have signed Nunez if Tchouameni was signed. Not entirely sure, but you’d question recruitment if Nunez wasn’t signed, given the forward line needed strengthening with Mane leaving. Despite the recent addition of Diaz.

2 Likes

What fiasco are you talking about lad? Young player chooses to sign for Real Madrid, a club that has won about 500 European Cups in the last ten years and is without question the biggest footballing institution on the planet.

The most nonsense stick you could have thought of to try and beat Julian Ward with.

4 Likes

Bloody hell. We’ve been through some transfer fiascos in my time supporting the club, but Tchoumeni isn’t one.

4 Likes

Apparently fsg haven’t put a penny of their own into the club for 5 years.

That new midfield is gonna cost a pretty penny!