The Owners - FSG

Landing orbital class rockets, reliably. That makes SLS obsolete before it even flies.

Iā€™ve said it before but if we end up being bought out by some oil state then Iā€™m out. I donā€™t think there is any such thing as an ethical billionaire but I an at least stomach a ā€œtraditionalā€ wanker. Wonā€™t be supporting a club owned by people who execute their own citizens for being gay though, for example.

12 Likes

ā€œI donā€™t think there is any such thing as an ethical businessmanā€

That is rather peculiar.

Oohh, speaking of Bezos, and expensive divorces, Mackenzie Scott is still worth tens of billions even after giving so much away.

1 Like

Maybe Linda will divorce John and take LFC as part of the settlement :0)

Know nothing about her.

Would she be any good?

I meant to write billionaire.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™d struggle with that to be honest. Something like Chelsea have which is a sugar rush version of FSG is what I hope.

1 Like

Iā€™m happy to wait and see what actually happens. Even if we are for sale doesnā€™t mean anybody wants to buy us.

If ever thereā€™s 2+2=5, I think Kloppā€™s comment about ā€œplayers and managers are not politiciansā€ takes on an added dimensionā€¦

ā€œYouā€™ll Never Walk Elonā€

Could be appropriate.

I see someone has already made a banner for the Kop on Saturday

3 Likes

hahahah!!

So you mean Indian business mogel Murthy, Rishi Sunakā€™s FiL, is buying us?

I think I may be headed for a reassessment of where my mental safe places are - but hopefully not.

Every billionaire is a policy failure

6 Likes

Iā€™ll pay you a tenner to stay well away

1 Like

Donā€™t FSG own the globe? Seems to indicate either is an option.

3 Likes

The newspaper was purchased in 2013 by Boston Red Sox and Liverpool F.C. owner John W. Henry for $70 million from The New York Times Company, having lost over 90% of its value in 20 years.

The Boston Globe - Wikipedia

1 Like

Several quite well informed people

2 Likes