The Owners - FSG

ESL still in the pipeline then… Okay by me if they can structure the league properly…
F*** UEFA and their dismissal of the events in Paris

9 Likes

Absolutely, never understood the bad intentions behind the ESL.

Money this money that, well what do you think the likes of UEFA FA and the PL have stood for for so long? Of course it’s about money but not solely about money but improving the state the game currently finds itself in and detaching itself away from all the negative shit we see on a daily basis.

Structuring the league will be the easiest part…2 leagues (simply ESL.1 and ESL.2) 20 teams in each, top 2 most successful countries in each of the top 10 leagues in Europe based on current UEFA rankings/coefficient into ESL1 and the next 2 into ESL2. Job done.

ESL.1 would therefore comprise of - Liverpool Utd Bayern Dortmund Madrid Barca Milan Juve PSG Marseille and so on…

ESL.2 would therefore comprise of Spurs (Only kidding) Chelsea Arsenal Gladbach Schalke Atletico Valencia Inter Roma Lyon Bordeaux and so on…

Plan a start date. Mid August 2023

Lets rock and roll.

6 Likes

This gives me more time to get my shit together.

2 Likes

Is there a qualification and relegation to that.

The issue it was being run by Perez it’s basically like when Johnson went you get Truss and Sunak same progression of cnuts.

Also alarm bells must sound when Infantino expresses favour for something.

Needs to be a detached approach a club approach that doesn’t have a figurehead like Perez or the bloke at Juve.

PL needs to basically launch the PL TV fuck with traditional broadcasting, then again talk of the watershed period on a Saturday going recently makes it a lot easier. Then again Liverpool could on PL TV say we are playing 5.30pm against say Man Utd v Chelsea and it could happen instead of broadcasters controlling it.

Wow, I wonder how J W Henry will stand in the face of such mad money?

1 Like

I’d imagine he’d do what we’d all do. Weigh up the pros and cons, consider his personal relationship with the club and city. Spend time ruminating on his legacy and what the sale will do to his reputation. Worry about what the fans will think and take a broader view of the effect on the league as a whole.

Then snap their hands off, order a solid gold Bugatti and ride off into the sunset in a cloud of cigar smoke. And I wouldn’t say a word against it. I might not like the new owners but bar a few early mis-steps, FSG have been brilliant for us.

3 Likes

So this…
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Followed by this…
rich jackpot GIF

3 Likes

If you don’t know who is Saeed Al-Owairan - he scored one of the best goals in WC 1994 agains Belgium and his team reached the elimination phase.

5 Likes

Nice goal, but he is pretty much irrelevant. He is just a face to front an investment group whose money comes from blood. If this goes through Im out.

9 Likes

Well, I was just sharing a curious fact about the former player, scoring a great goal at the biggest stage.
I have zero idea who is behind him. And in my opinion, there is less then 10% chance for such a takeover and probably that is another false rumour…

1 Like

Yeah I said they will get someone relatively popular to front it.

Nice double spowrtswashing!

1 Like

Haha…I don’t think he will consider the part of the relationship he has with the city and the league too heavily when he doesn’t even live in the city!

Wow, I didn’t know that!

Why not join forces together to become the German-Saudi-Qatari consortium? Haha!

2 Likes

The Aldi family is the richest in Germany at $32 Billion US. My wife works for them and they are the fastest growing grocery chain in the US.

Culturally speaking, the Germans strike me as a sensible sort of group, and I’m not quite sure what I think about the possibility of being owned by a German consortium. I would definitely prefer it to some of the other links, but I am skeptical about it.

Sensible football club ownership in the Prem is what we currently have. FSG have recognized the limitations of that, in an age where usual rules of financial governance do not apply.

It feels to me like a German consortium would offer more of the same?

Just thinking out loud.

6 Likes

It’s a case of what would their business model be? There are two ways that profit can be realised in this situation - dividends and selling shares to release the value of the increased capital value. FSG have seemingly come to the conclusion that selling is the only way they can ever get their money back and turning a $300m business into a $3000 one is pretty impressive.

The question is how much more capital growth could the club have. FSG are assuming relatively little. Maybe someone else has other ideas?

1 Like

Just saw a quote elsewhere that the German consortium is the Quandt family. That’s the BMW owners. They would certainly be rich enough but I have no idea why they would be interested in Liverpool. I suspect someone was just looking up a list of rich Germans.

3 Likes

We’re being sold to ALDI? At a discount?

7 Likes

Middle isle special, no doubt.

On the plus side we would have the fastest turnstiles in the world.

5 Likes