The Owners - FSG

Basically, Sir Paul saying, “Sod you, I’m not walking into that bear trap!”

7 Likes

Nah, not wealthy enough.

As of 2020, he is one of the wealthiest musicians in the world, with an estimated fortune of £800 million.

Ringo says the same thing when he is asked I think!

1 Like

But he sends peace and love to all football fans.

1 Like

I’m all for fire and aggression on the pitch but……

Thinking more of our League dominance. Wouldn’t mind a decade where we win 5-6 titles and finish second the other seasons while not having to collect >90 points to do so

2 Likes

Or even where you can still occasionally drop points without that being your season over.

5 Likes

It’s a sobering point to realise that one of the most famous musicians in the world who was in one of the world’s greatest and most famous bands ever and is still performing 60 years on couldn’t hope of affording us.

5 Likes
1 Like

Thought Pep Lijnders was the new Sporting Director?

Oh Jeez. With the caveat that it’s always difficult to tell who was at fault for failures of complex organizations especially when you see so little of what was going on, but he’s not exactly at a high moment of his career. More to the point, is another person Klopp is comfortable with what we really need for this position? A good working relationship is needed, but will someone who feels that relationship is what landed the job likely to be strong bulwark against Klopp’s bad ideas that someone in this role needs?

Note - not that I’m saying Klopp specifically has bad ideas, but that everyone does and a good structure would have a Sporting Director and Manager being willing and able to vigorously pull apart each other’s ideas.

A review of his short time at Arsenal

6 Likes

Get Edwards back and stop fucking about.

5 Likes

100% two huge issues with this, when he got a decent budget at Arsenal he largely failed with most transfers and Klopp needs people to challenge him, it’s the best working structure.

3 Likes

His Dortmund record seems better.

1 Like

It was. He was in place working under Zorc as the man mostly responsible for putting the title winning sides together and then finding ways to remain competitive once they started losing their best players (Sahin, then Goetze, then Lewi, then Kagawa). That was nearly 15 years ago though that his best work was done, and there is a real concern of thinking we can solve the problems of our turnover by just getting the old band back together.

2 Likes

If the alternative is no one then what’s the answer, Edwards isn’t coming back and we don’t really know why Ward left it seems sudden.

We don’t even know where the club is heading with the ownership.

Nationalise the team, and make everyone pay taxes to fund us, that’ll piss city and Newcastle off

With the Tories in power???

Find a way to clone Klopp and let the clones take the vacant positions.

1 Like
5 Likes