The Owners - FSG

1 Like

Been a red for nigh on 45 years and will be a red when they put me in a box

5 Likes

Absolutely. Several examples that will strengthen your opinion:

Like FSG announcing us joining the European Super league.
Or their decision to put staff on the government’s furlough scheme.
Their bid to trademark “Liverpool”

Or Todd Boehly ambitious plan that would see a Premier League All Star game: ‘’‘North vs South’'. Such a Genius
Or those fantastic owners the Glazers, mancs love them desperately, probably because ‘‘they are able to understand and respect history and culture.’’

2 Likes

He has announced this at least three times so far.

1 Like

Yeah, I really don’t care for Chelsea or Utd failed seconds.

2 Likes

I don’t want to make any rash decisions about what I will do, if we sell to an owner I don’t approve of. I might walk away from it, but I doubt it will be that dramatic.

I would imagine that I would continue to follow, albeit the passion might begin to wane. I have been a red all my life and the memory goes back to the end of Keegan’s time here and then signing Dalglish.

I doubt I’d be able to throw it away, as Liverpool has meant so much to me for so many years.

But I very much would be cold towards the owners, and I would hate myself as I’d see a certain hypocrisy at work, while I continued to support the team.

But it wouldn’t be the same, and the connection would probably wane.

6 Likes

I don’t think you would be the only one.

Football clubs are very much institutions, they mean so much to people and for some its a way of life and/or an escape from the troubles of life.
Unfortunately, many owners do not appreciate that and are happy to make the club soulless.

2 Likes
10 Likes

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-power-578ab822?originalSubdomain=uk

His linkedin

Seems like a good choice.

3 Likes

Just sent a connect request, the guys ignoring me.

1 Like

#powersout

Shit I’m talking about the Tories again.

Seems like a good move. Top CV, which is to be expected. Hopefully he survives the upheaval going on at the club behind the team.

1 Like

If we were to be bought by an oil state, (god forbid), the thing that sets us apart from Cheaty and Newcabal is that we are already the most successful club in the history of the English league. The oil clubs buy ‘success’, but they’ll never be able to buy heritage. None of them have been able to buy European honours yet either. If we are bought by exploitative murderous filth I will at least be able to walk away knowing that my club were the best ever, at a time when it mattered. We were The Beatles, and the oil clubs will only ever be K-POP.

6 Likes

Well at least we aren’t being ‘sportswashed’ by someone trying to remove the stain of having grown up in Manchester.

1 Like

It’s funny that, whilst we have yet to hear anything about new owners or investment, we have already assumed that the club will be run as a travesty with George Sephton playing state propaganda before the match and public beheadings of gay people at half time.

It’s always possible that we just end up with a footy fan with a few bob to spare.

In other news, we have just appointed a new club doctor. It looks like they still do just wait until they can get the best person for the job.

3 Likes

Will this doctor also treat the fans? There seem to be rather a large number with palpitations

3 Likes

A consortium is not the same as being owned by a state wealth fun. I hold judgement until I see who it might be.

Yeah I’ll be happy once they confirm the new owner will be a Liverpool based, lifelong fan worth trillions whose other passions are solving global warming and fighting oppression and championing democracy and human rights and who wants to recreate the liverpool feels of the late 70s early 80s.

Paul McCartney?

" As a proud Evertonian, would you have been fine with the Premier League cancelling this season so Liverpool couldn’t be named champions?

“Years ago I decided I was going to support Liverpool as well as Everton, even though Everton is the family team. A couple of my grandkids are Liverpool fans, so we are happy to see them win this year’s Premier League. When people ask me how I can support them both I say I love both and I have special dispensation from the Pope.”
Paul McCartney talks about Liverpool and Everton football teams (rockandrollgarage.com)

7 Likes