The Owners - FSG

Hope that our local fans will be protesting against this just like they did with the Super League.

5 Likes

So, after all these yearsā€¦ #FSGIN? :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

And by the way fuck all the PlayStation fake fans who would welcome blood money owners.

Looking forward to see some idiots like the following in red

Genuinely no idea, just an attempt to get the thread back on track :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a hell of a difference between welcoming blood money owners and choosing to remain a fan despite the owners.

Seemingly this forum will be getting very thin if weā€™re sold to OPEC.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve made a conscious decision that my days of spending pots of money to watch Liverpool are now behind me.
Paris was my final straw, a major disappointment, not the clubs fault but a disappointing experience nonetheless.

If we sell to any of these middle east mobs, Iā€™ll probably not even go out of my way to watch us on TV.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure on that myself. I spend a fair chunk on TV subscriptions but part of the pleasure of that is seeing new and young players progress through the squad. If we end up being a team of expensive galacticos is there any real joy in that?

Itā€™s not going to make any difference to my match going because I now live abroad it is almost impossible to get tickets for specific matches now. Iā€™m more likely to go with friends down to Prenton Park if Iā€™m on Merseyside.

The thing is, you canā€™t just stop supporting a team that you have followed for decades. You can take displeasure at the current setup. That happened with Hicks and Gillette. Probably more pertinently, I greatly disliked the thuggishness that Souness introduced as manager. I have no regrets about booing Julian Dicks at the time.

10 Likes

Yep. I tried last year but itā€™s difficult to give up on something that has been a part of you for so long.

Still, if we became another sportswashing project, I would definitely walk away.

7 Likes

Owners come and go, the club stays and so am I.

7 Likes

It would be peak liverpool to sell to a sportswashing vehicle but not one of the ones funded by a country so we have no moneyā€¦

Doesnā€™t seem true though, more a leak to get other parties to firm up interest.

2 Likes

Goldbridge made a good point on this. If it was going to be a quick easy sale, it would not be done publicly.

Despite recent successes, actually travelling to watch us live has dropped down my list of priorities in life.
Walking away completely wouldnā€™t be as hard as Iā€™d have imagined years ago.

3 Likes

Not bothered who buys the club as long as they are willing to get us back on top and keep us there.

Could never turn my back on Liverpool but sincerely hope we get the right owners.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not the same though, and to me at least the line is clear enough I just dnt understand all the false equivalence Iā€™ve been seeing on this thread. Sticking with your team during a period of struggles is part of what makes football great. What weā€™re talking about though is continuing to support a club that is liverpool in name only and now represents everything that is bad about the game.

8 Likes

Well, thatā€™s as long as the club remains the same as it is. But with this kind of owners, will the club remain the same, or quickly become something very different of what we know right now?

I love the current version of LFC because everyone at the club understands that despite the fact that times have moved on, there is a need to maintain a strong link with our history and identity. Thatā€™s where we take our strength from.

Iā€™m not sure that Iā€™d still be able to love a Saudi-owned LFC to be honest, because they wonā€™t give a fĀ°ck about our history, and even less so about the identity of city and club. g+h didnā€™t give a fĀ°ck either, and I was close to walk away at some point, but fortunately, they lost their grip on the club because of financial problems.

The problem is that Saudi or Dubai owners wonā€™t have financial problems, and thus, will become an unflushable turd if they manage to get in. Just like Abu Dhabi at Manchester, Qatar at Paris or Saudi Arabia at Newcastle. That will let them the time to hollow out everything from the inside. At the end of the process, nothing wonā€™t be left over from the LFC as we presently know it. Also because owning all the big clubs of the league will allow them to modify the competition as they wish. And before we know it, half of the PL games will be played in the Middle East.

8 Likes

You do as you please and so do I, iā€™m to old to change and I sure will not leave my team just because you, I or whomever donā€™t like who owns it.

2 Likes

Or possibly New York? FSG donā€™t seem to really care about the club or the city (match attendance a key indicator) Abramovic had dirty money but he did love Chelsea and for a point of view of looking at just his ownership and management, did very well for them. If weā€™re sold to oil and they do nothing more than pay the bills and we win, what does it actually matter? If we never see them, never hear from them and weā€™re not championing their politics and agenda, I can live with that. However if we basically become Quatar United, that will be very, very hard.

I realise there are a lot of ifs in thatā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

With ā€˜Westernā€™ owners itā€™s about the business but they are able to understand and respect history and culture.

Owners from the Middle East - they donā€™t care about revenues. Itā€™s about sports washing. Itā€™s about owning stuff and showing off with it. Itā€™s about power.

Man City and PSG owners are heavily involved in politics and football politics (holding positions in UEFA and FIFA) - like I said itā€™s all about power.

Owners who are close to a regime that kills its critics today donā€™t give a shit about what happened in Hillsborough 30 years ago.

8 Likes