The Owners - FSG

Yes there is, and it’s sad that you think otherwise.

There is a world of difference between Labour and Tory politicians. Promoting and reinforcing the idea that they are all the same is a deliberate obfuscation by Conservative interests, with the the intention of confusing the electorate into giving their misdemeanours a free pass.

2 Likes

The majority seem to disagree with you for the last decade or so.
But I don’t doubt they’re all wrong.

1 Like

It’s about the owners, but I can’t help but weigh in on the trustworthy politician thing.

In my opinion, for a while, the Tories have lost their way. I’m not concerning myself with policy, just trustworthiness. Boris Johnson epitomizes the worst of it, in terms of lying and breaking the rules. But he was enabled by plenty of others around him who were at it as well. Generally there has been a feeling of, “Do as I say, not as I do” around the Tory party for a while.

With that said, and not wanting to go into minute detail, Teresa May passed the trustworthiness test for me. Ok, she was handed a shit sandwich in trying to implement Brexit, but I thought she was a hard working and decent person.

On the Labour side they are generally better off in terms of trustworthiness than some of the recent Tories we have seen. Starmer and Johnson looks like chalk and cheese. But if willing, I’m sure we could find plenty of Labour MPs who were hypocritical, in terms of feathering their own nest.

Going back a generation, I thought John Smith was very trustworthy, and his untimely death was a real shame. Tony Blair came in with a lot of fanfare, but in terms of being trustworthy, he lost his way with Iraq.

Bottom line:
The current Labour Party is more trustworthy than the Conservatives, on the whole, but we don’t have to dig very deep to find hypocrites throughout the world of politics.

10 Likes

They are wrong. @RedOverTheWater expresses it very well above.

You’ll doubtless find some whoppers on the Labour benches, but in general, Labour politicians are more trustworthy and less corrupt.

And bear in mind, I left the Labour Party due to Tony Bliar, so I’m hardly suggesting Labour are perfect.

2 Likes

Well that’s cleared that up then.
The majority of UK voters are wrong.

1 Like

The majority of UK voters is poorly educated and incapable of independent thought.

And, what’s worse, is that those with expensive private educations happen to be the most blinkered of the lot.

2 Likes

Maybe parliament should do what SNP did then, let the brats vote

It’s not in the interests of the Conservatives to allow young people to vote.

1 Like

It didn’t work for Salmond and Queen Nicola anyway, despite STV showing Braveheart the night before the referendum

Could the UK politics chat fuck back off to the designated section of the forums please? Thanks.

6 Likes

:+1:

I second that

What do you mean “is now”, from an owner’s viewpoint it’s always been about profitability as for the fans it’s always about entertainment and success… They’re not going to dump billions unless they see a return on their investment.

Are……

Wrong.

Majority. Countable noun.

“Come and have a go if you think you’re educated enough!”

3 Likes

Not for a gold clock mate, plural vs singular.

1 Like

Saw 25 new posts and came to see what was happening with the owners…

Unimpressed Uh Huh GIF

5 Likes

3 Likes

Please not :nauseated_face:

After all the years complaining about Clubs being owned by countries I’m 100% sure if this happens Klopp won’t fulfill his contract.

5 Likes