The Owners - FSG

• Two new midfielders £160m

• Replacement for any senior player who’s not out of contract and looking for a move (thinking Joe Gomez for example) mostly funded by the sale.

Need FSG to understand they have to spend a bit more than they did until now (it’s not like they’ve been totally greedy so far).

Then we don’t have to think about new owners or even new investors.

Anything else is unrealistic FIFA manager mindset and the hope that Club being purchased by blood money.

Or because they aren’t rich (if they don’t throw £100B into the transfer coffers every month)

This is the kind of bullshit that makes me almost hope we get relegated to the championship, just so we get shake off some of the fucking melts who support us.

No team with owners who don’t give a damn win the whole lot. Literally everything it’s possible for Liverpool to win has been won in the last few years.

Criticise their strategy all you want. I’m sure we can agree on the mistakes they’ve made. But these hyperbolic self aggrandising statements need to stop. The sheer volume of people going way over the top to ran their point home is making this club a bit miserable to support. And it’s not just cos we’re in a rut either. People were doing this when we were destroying football.

10 Likes

I’m a racist too apparently…?

2 Likes

I don’t think they don’t understand it. I do think however that what the club thinks is prudent is very much different from what many fans want. I don’t think the manager wants what the fans want either.

2 Likes

I’d almost take a few years of Everton-like mediocrity…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s my feeling as well. My love for football and LFC wouldn’t survive such a hit.

4 Likes

Me too…

QFC just doesn’t have the same feel to it

Said it before, I support Liverpool for over 40 years now whomever de owner was. I support the club Liverpool, not an owner.

I’m going nowhere as long as I live.

6 Likes

That is naive. It’s the same argument used by FIFA and the IOC to organise competitions in countries held by a dictatorship, and it has never worked. Also, has the human rights situation in Abu Dhabi or Qatar evolved since they took over Cheaty and PSG? Not in any way, shape or form. They’ve just improved their own influence on western society.

4 Likes

I’d definitely prefer this to a Qatari ownership to be honest.

My hope is still that fsg aren’t trying to sell the club, but are looking for investment from the outside for a minority stake on the club. That would be the best outcome for everyone.

4 Likes

Off topic but amused me:

Same here.

And the truth has finally dawned on me that if you don’t have unlimited funds then you no longer compete. It is what it is.

1 Like

Is the club likely to be interested in buying this land?

1 Like

We’ve been competing without unlimited funds for years. They are not a prerequisite for success.

7 Likes

There is a potential car park area coming up for grabs soon just a short walk across Stanley Park… Although it might be getting turned into a Council refuse dump.
The present owners are moving into new premises somewhere down in the docklands :0)

Yeah this is, or at least will be very soon, true. It takes £80m to get a lad woth less than 50 appearances in Ukraine. It takes £16m to get a completely untested striker with less than 10 goals in MLS - a player who a few years ago would probably have been less than £1m.

Then you have to pay these guys insane amounts of money every week.

If we have to be owned by someone whose hands are covered in the blood of what are essentially slaves, or gay people, or human rights activisits then I’d rather we just accept we can’t be at the top anymore and focus on developing our own players.

Its not going to matter though what I think, seems the writing is on the wall. We are going to get ownership, or at least significant part ownership, from one of these monarchial energy dictatorships and I’ll probably have to abandon the club in a few months time.

2 Likes

More often than not it is…especially prolonged success.

PSG
Bayern
Juve (before last few years)
City
Madrid
Chelsea

If it is the part of Stanley Park I am thinking of, I wouldn’t let my dog shit there.

1 Like

They are now.

Newcastle, Spurs and Utd will all soon be awash with money. City and Chelsea already are.

We either go big or go home.