The Owners - FSG

That word is doing a lot of heavy lifting for you there, mate.

4 Likes

BuT I ReAd iT oN tHe iNterNEt

There is no way that is true, or maybe they aren’t doing a search and someone has accepted the job already?

Think About It GIF by Identity

1 Like

I’m jumping for joy …

3 Likes

We certainly don’t throw any midfielders away…

5 Likes

Now that’s something to hurl at United fans right now. “Yes but we’re ISO certified”

The rules are regulations around FFP all point to it being a flat out joke…
FSG have always run in a model that all clubs should be aiming at…
You pay for future investments using the income that you take in.
They aren’t actively taking money out of the club, but they don’t seem to be actively putting any in.
So while they rescued a sinking ship, they did so with little risk.

Lets look at United… They’re in huge debt, but they also have huge income. Ultimately it’s not sustainable, but of course they used the trick of selling non voting shares… to basically write off some debt. This makes FFP a joke.

Let’s look at Chelsea… Roman wrote off all the debt. If that’s not skirting FFP I don’t know what is… I mean just change name on the title every few years and write off the debt. Then Boehly purchased for a smaller amount that what it was worth, but promised to put in 1.7billion over 10 years. Chelsea are not going to stop their spending spree any time soon.

In the end, nobody can compete with these huge money spending machines unless you they want to put in their own money. It renders any talk about FFP a flat out joke. Actually the whole sport is a joke when it comes down to it.

2 Likes

Seems a bit mental this…

Basically the main clubs all running Zone7 which is about injury prevention have all had horrific injury records this season. We started using it in 2021.

6 Likes

Well if we started using it in 2021 it evidently doesn’t work.

Having said that our injury record the year before wasn’t or didn’t seem as bad if you factor in that most came towards the end after the long season

trusting computer software with the health of your players, oh lord.

3 Likes

animation art GIF by Motion Addicts

2 Likes

I don’t buy it at all. We know pretty well what factors contribute to a high risk of injury, but in reality far too many injuries actually happen in scenarios these risk models would not be concerned about. There is a big market for providing certainty and answers where reality is very uncertain and this feels like one of those areas.

1 Like

This season for us has been horrifc, 76 different muscle injuries in 6 months, multiple “few days out” turning into months, lots of players only fit for the subs bench due to a “knock”.

If our AI Injury data system is suggesting one thing and our medical team the other, sounds like a complete cluster fuck.

1 Like

I concur with you. In a sport where FFP has no loopholes and strict enforcement, FSG will be great owners.

However, FIFA and UEFA has left it too late to close those loopholes, leading to the rise of clubs that have low profiles in the world rocket themselves to the top of the spending chain. Just look at Roman’s Chelsea, Mansour’s Citeh, Yasir’s Newscastle and QSI’s PSG. Even Boehly’s Chelsea has repeated what Roman did.

What did we do to solve obvious issues? Nothing. Twiddled our thumbs and smelling around. That’s it. FSG hasn’t help ease the uncertainty the supporters feel at all regarding the ownership situation : Are they looking to sell or getting investment? One should also feel concerned by the huge departures and/or rumoured change of job scope of the key staff in the various departments and the lack of news regarding the replacements.

Once Anfield feels uneasy, it can easily turn from a fortress to a pressure cooker.

Fair. I was surprised to read that story, too.

But it is coming from the Echo, and I’m just trying to explain why it might be plausible.

Sadly,…coming from the Echo these days in no way makes that story plausible…

Never quite sure what motivates quotes like this.

LFC has not sat there ‘twiddling’ its thumbs; whateverthefvck that means!

The team has been steadily evolving with new transfers, going back to last January with the signing of Luisito.

You cannot simply ignore that because Chelski is signing players every week!

LFC has a model that it has stayed true to. And its proven decisively to be successful.

If we are going to criticize it, which we should do, it needs to be in the proper context.

We were in for a top CM in the summer until he opted for a different team. We have also been tracking an attacking player, which we signed before the window opened.

While I am frustrated that we did not do more to find viable alternatives to Tchoumeni in the summer, it cannot be a basis for the conclusion of ‘twiddling thumbs’.

That is pure unadulterated nonsense!

1 Like

Perhaps. But if the FSG are indeed planning to imminently announce a sale, wouldn’t it make sense that they’d withhold hiring a new Sporting Director to allow the new owners to make that decision? You don’t want to appoint a Sporting Director only to have them booted from the job a few months later by the new ownership group.

If this story is true, wouldn’t be surprised if big news breaks very soon.

1 Like

Why not, it wouldn’t be your concern then would it?