The Owners - FSG

Am I wrong or are infrastructure xosts like stadium and training grounds not counted towards FFP?

1 Like

I believe that’s the case, hence why some fans seem to think the owners should just pay it out their own pocket and so as much of the revenue generated as possible can go on the most important thing, winning the transfer window.

1+1 = 3 type maths that isn’t it.

Remarkable to see so many (extreme)left-wingers defend the capitalist FSG to make even more money when they decide to sell up. :innocent:

When you invest 300m and make 4 billion on that investment you could have easily put up a few hundred million to improve Anfield and Kirkby IMHO without charging Liverpool for it.

1 Like

You need to maintain a high level of cognitive dissonance to be a left wing Liverpool fan. An irony I particularly enjoy pointing out.

Salah’s wages :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Would you expect your employer to buy a new business premises out of their own pocket just because they can afford to? If your house goes up in value does that make any difference on your day to day spending?

Like it or not, left-wing or right, that is how 99% of football clubs are run. The club pays for itself, what’s right wing about that?

What’s remarkable is seeing how many people expect them to act outside the norms just because a handful of other clubs do.

How did Real pay for the Bernabeu? What about Bayern and the Allianz? Spurs and Tottenham for their new stadiums? A handful of clubs have owners paying for these things out their own pockets.

3 Likes

I prefer to have both my left and right wings. Single wing seagulls don’t fly well

Don’t care how other clubs do their business, I care what my club does and IMO I made myself clear what FSG should have done.

Feel free to disagree.

steve sleeping GIF

The only thing incredible about this is that an account billed as ‘Anfield Watch’ would somehow call this ‘NEW’ - the intent to do exactly that was disclosed in audited financial statements as early as 2019 when the first costs started to be incurred.

1 Like

And there in lies the problem. You don’t care that what they are doing is perfectly normal, you just want them to spend their cash for your benefit.

I hear your house has gone up in value so why aren’t you paying for my weekly shop you right wing capitalist?

1 Like

No I said don’t care what other clubs do. As usual you break nothing but wind.

Have a nice day.

I dont get the arguement that the owners should dip their hands in their pockets to fund the club just because its worth more than their initial investment. Im no finance expert, but the value of the club does not equate to cash in the pocket, unless they sell parts/a percentgae of the club, which is something they’ve tried to do.

The other option is to take out debt against the value of the club, but the club being in debt comes at a cost.

Unless FSG are cash rich, they cant just throw hundreds of millions at the club?

Im not suggesting that the club are innocent. We should have spent on midfield last year and the year before, but it cant be as simple as assuming FSG have a vault full of cash just for shits and giggles whilst watching the team age and worsen.

1 Like

1 Like

Poor analogy.

I was going to say i remember this being a talking point several years ago so was surprised to see it being highlighted now.

1 Like

first time GIF

Have you been in a coma?

Why on earth would you not sell 10% of the initial club purchase of £300m and then put that £30m into the training centre and two stand expansions, then take a £200m loan out against the club for the balance. This way you have 30+300+200 for £550m, but no, you rather sell 10% for £543m, thereby losing £7m in one single stroke of the pen.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

1 Like