The Owners - FSG

Yes, I am sure that would work out brilliantly…

That is unworkable. A player’s value is not just some value that can be measured only by the price of other moves.

1 Like

The game can’t carry on like this, with a small number of clubs able to totally destroy the transfer market.

This winter Chelsea bowled into the transfer market as if they were pissed, Benfica chanced their arm demanding 120m for Enzo, and the stupid bastards paid it.

The end result of that being now any good young midfielder is benchmarked at £120m, because that’s suddenly the ‘going rate’.

2 Likes

glass houses and all that

1 Like

Agreed. But Liverpool only felt they could get that from Barca, because six months earlier PSG gave them 200m for Neymar.

Football transfers are a classic tragedy of the commons. Individual clubs trying to suck what they can for their own self interest, while the net result is bad for everyone.

1 Like

I remember. but poor on us to throw stones at the likes of Dortmund or Benfica. I still think we got a bit fleeced for Nunez…£84mil

3 Likes

My concern around a non-market system is because that would necessarily be administered by UEFA/FIFA/CAS. They all use tribunal systems for many other decisions, and produce at least as many perverse results as the current market does. I am fairly sure that Real Madrid and Barcelona would suddenly be seeing remarkable discounts on the players they decide they want.

2 Likes

The only thing UEFA have been good at… Is not increasing the prize pot value, of their competitions in keeping with the inflated value of players, so that the main profits from these competitions stay on their side of the fence.

2 Likes

fixed for truth.

7 Likes

John Henry seen at West London last night. I wonder what led him to personally fly all the way to London??

1 Like

One of these, apparently: https://www.planelogger.com/Aircraft/Registration/N627JW/

2 Likes

The names Reus. Declan Reus.

#SignReus

2 Likes

Could have been lots of things. We have offices in London. May have been there for meetings with key people to sort out summer strategy and parameters. Also, London is a world city, and maybe he was there for more than one reason? Liverpool business and something else? Maybe he was meeting minor investors?

Or perhaps he just wanted to see Trent’s new position first hand, for himself?

2 Likes

Or maybe after the season we have had -
the players were summoned for their KPI assessment’s :0)

Linda wanted to go shopping…

2 Likes

Nah, I heard it’s cause he fancied a Pie and Mash

3 Likes

or Jellied Eels

1 Like

Or it was date night and Linda fancied a cheeky Nandos

1 Like

I think John Henry comes to London around this time every year. Probably having discussions about performance and next year’s plans.

Real will be looking to spend big. They have a number of key and squad players going out of contract this summer. That theoretically frees up alot of salary for them to play around with. Its not beyond them to sign both Jude and Mbappe. The moment Real gets involved in any bidding, I am glad our club takes the wise solution and look for other players who can make the same impact. Unless of course the solution that everyone talks about, that Jude only wants us. Even then, Dortmund does not have to accept 80m from us which is like alot lesser than what Jude purportedly can cost.