The Owners - FSG

Reckon they ought to give it to Rodgers, I mean he’s talked himself to a fair few job roles and done sod all …

Imagine him being our chief negotiator in Bellingham, Mbappe talks etc…his belief in himself, telling them of his vision of them playing for us would bring them to tears …of wanting to join…

They be demanding their clubs sell to us and only us because of the belief in himself …and his vision shared😂

Frankly if we sign the players we need to improve the team he can smash all the crockery at Kirkby.

Assume we will get a full time announcement late summer.

Have you been watching shitty ten minute youtube compilation videos of Schmadtke negotiating deals to come to that conclusion?

1 Like

…if you havent seen the obligatory 10 contract negotiations…

all fluff aside, its a bit of an odd one, 3 months for a TD or SD…just doesnt feel like it’d be long enough to do anything that would signify value for money…wait and see how it plays out

FWIW ive see people on other websites do the obligatory ‘10 players Schmadke has signed’ schtik…its not irrelevant, but its not a great form guide, different players, different targets, different clubs etc…be more important to see how his players contracts compared to similar clubs of similar standing etc etc etc…

i see he signed weghorst, who subsequently isnt having a great time up the road, and people are putting 2 and 2 together and ending up with 5…

While everyone else from the backroom staff, one would presume, are away on their well earned annual holidays all over the globe, there is now a guy in place, ‘holding the fort’, so to speak regards outside activity…

1 Like

If he’s long term, there’s possible cause for disquiet, and even then, let’s see what he does at Liverpool.

But since it is temporary, the whole thing is a nothing burger.

He’s tiding us over, to help negotiate some summer business.

If he’s a tough negotiator and knows the German market inside out, bring it on.

1 Like

I think the reaction is OTT.

As I said we will have our targets already if he is involved if he drives a pretty penny for some so be it if we get fleeced a bit more so be it.

I doubt he is identifying anyone for us and if he is they will be low cost additions that may be worth a risk.

If it’s just 3 mths needed to get our target you’d have thought we could have convinced JW to stay on a little longer. Maybe we did want rid of JW as RER is insinuating.

I think we did persuade him to stay on longer, didn’t we?

Same as every reaction on here.

That is THE most ridiculously absurd comment that I’ve ever heard from anybody on any platform.

OTT?

Absurd. :thinking::wink::nerd_face:

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know. Thought he handed in his notice that he would be finishing at the end of the season.

1 Like

The value for money is in filling a gap in our team and taking on the role of being the person who deals with other clubs. He is vanishingly unlikely to have input in what decisions we make and his role as it is being reported is far more like an administrative one, akin to hiring a lawyer to manage the contracting of a deal you’ve already decided you want to make and is the sort of move large organizations make frequently.

If he is coming in full time capacity then a more detailed review of his history will be relevant, although still difficult to make given the vagaries of the job, how much it changes from club to club, and how little we in the public know about what actually happens. But in the capacity this link is now being reported as it really wont be relevant.

2 Likes

When the guy has gone shopping before he has had to look for bargains to put on the shelf at Poundland… Now he can go shopping for goods in a higher price bracket to put onto the shelves at Harrod’s…
The safety net for LFC, is that not a single decision will be his alone when it comes to spending money… his job is to spread out the goods he has found, and why he has found them, onto a table for others to pick over them… Easy Peasy really, could probably do that job myself :0)

All gone very quiet here, I wonder if they just didn’t get the offers they were expecting? Or waiting for United to be finalised to use as a price yardstick?

Maybe waiting to see if we get Champions League football next season, too.

1 Like

Unsurprisingly, the email offering me one of the additional 1000 season tickets didn’t arrive.

Fair play, I’ve only been on the list for 19 years

1 Like

The short term thing doesn’t make sense to me. We’re told Ward is has been continuing to work in his capacity and that surely means lining up deals for the summer. It’s not as if we’re going to be waiting for the season to be done to put the feelers out there with clubs and agents about targets.

And with Mike Gordon back, surely he could handle transfer negotiations for a summer?

I don’t really get what role Schmadtke would play in such a short window? I can only think we needed someone who was available to start almost before Ward leaves so there’s some overlap and his remit would be to get done what has been discussed, planned and lined up by Ward and co already.

Does it possibility suggest who we actually want wouldn’t be available to us for this summer? Someone currently employed who’d need to serve a notice/gardening period and we didn’t feel we could manage this summers business without someone in place.

It’s all very odd (if indeed it is true).

2 Likes

I can only hope that given the quality of our appointments and recruitments and the business they’ve done (mostly) under FSG, there’s a very good reason for all the comings, goings and general visible chaos.

Maybe Schmadkte has been offered a 3 month trial in the role
with a view to getting the role on a permanent basis if he does well.