The Owners - FSG

Well, still, during that 6 months, he cannot have access to the company’s system and cannot be in the employment of the new empolyer. Isn’t that gardening leave?

About the identity of the new permanent guy, if we know it, it should be around now. Just a question, what is the longest gardening leave ever for high level executives in the UK? I’m not from the UK, so I don’t know.

You didnt get that information in the daily update from FSG telling us that they were doing thing nothing to address Ward’s departure?

My point was that 6 months is no indication. The person may be free as of the end of June, December, or anything else. I believe it cannot be longer than a year by statute, but being neither a lawyer nor a UK director, I would not swear to it, just a recollection.

1 Like

I appreciate your sarcasm but if your top level executive tells you he’s quitting in November 2022, a normal functioning company will not be only sending feelers out for the job in February 2023 as it will be too late and it will require a stop-gap to tie over one transfer window as it is happening now.

I was an entry level executive for a job but key to after-sales operations in a PRC company for about a year and has expressed my unhappiness at the company for quite sometime before I turned in my resignation. Turns out they were already actively sourcing for my replacement for at least 2 months before I turned in my resignation. That’s how you prepare for the departures in advance and stay ahead of the game.

Fine, so a maximum of a year it seems. I hope we have someone permanent by November 2023 (edit: May 2024) which could only mean another wasted transfer windows.

I think we would have heard by now if a major sporting director had resigned and been put on garden leave. So if I am correct about the one year cap, one year would put us to May 2024. That seems unlikely. The rumoured 3-month timing for the bridge appointment suggests someone whose contract ties them to their current club until the end of the August transfer window. It is possible that the individual’s contract lapses at that time, rendering the idea of gardening leave moot until the awkward conversation about a renewal happens sometime this summer.

1 Like

Sorry, my math is wrong. Turns out thinking about LFC’s stuff after work is really taxing. I shall edit my original comment.

oh well, we will know soon enough in November 2023 then!

Why do you think you are or should be privy to what steps the club have taken to respond to Ward’s announcement? Your whole attitude to this is based on you inventing a picture and then acting like its reality.

2 Likes

Sorry mate, but that fucking crackers.

2 Likes

Ward’s resignation was a shock. FSG were not expecting it, but turning around a job of this stature is a six month plus process. FSG aren’t banging an ad in the Times and leaving it at that.

1 Like

There is nothing for you to make sense of. No one has a clue of the club’s inner workings to replace Ward. You just assume that something is wrong because that’s your default stance when it comes to all things FSG. You are grasping at straws to criticize the owners when there is very little info to reach a conclusion one way or another.

4 Likes

Can someone who knows this bloke give an example of why its a bad appointment? Would it be like us getting Louis van Gaal or Roy Hodgson for the role?

3 Likes

Anyone saying he is not ideal… The guy has just negotiated a contract with LFC for himself, short-term or otherwise… No mean feat in itself I would have thought.
Ward must realise that at this precise moment in time, his stock might never rise more than it is at right now, especially if he proved to be crap in the role further down the line. - What actually can he lay claim to, besides working alongside Michael Edwards - Maybe that is why he has decided to jump ship within 6months of taking the reins - because jumping ship, is exactly what it can be called eh.
So whoever comes in, this guy or a n other, to swim in what is a shark pool out there… we need to find ourselves a Megalodon…! Maybe this is him

Well, both are stop-gaps, aren’t they? Both come out of nowhere and are frankly not the quality needed.

When you look at sporting directors, you look at track record but this fella has nothing overly impressive. I struggle to think of one player that Jorg Schmatdke has brought into the club he was employed for and then helped the club earn a killing selling that player…

Hmm not what im hearing about it been a shock.

1 Like

Nobody is demanding to be privy to anything. If anything is go by, LFC has very rarely did stop-gaps appointments. Not even in the worst reign of G&H. For LFC to do stop-gaps, only smacks of short-termism.

That sort of stuff is usually done at Chelsea with their interim manager schmuck.

will ferrell panic GIF

You seemingly misunderstood my comment. Your lack of knowledge of what the club have done to respond to Ward’s absence says nothing about steps the club have taken.

2 Likes