The Owners - FSG

That is what I heard from SMTM at a bbq the other day

3 Likes

This was the nearest thing I could find anywhere , presume it’s the same ?

Must have been a PrimeTime BBQ

1 Like

Steve Pagliuca? Celtics owner. He has been trying to get in on the Prem action. Obvious New England connections with FSG too.

Might be barking up the wrong tree, we’ll see.

He is head of a group that already owns a majority stake in Atalanta and as you say has been very vocal about trying to get into the Prem. He has voiced concerns though over the pointlessness of trying to compete with sovereign wealth fund owned sides unless you’re already at that level. That does paint a bullseye on us as being, possibly along with Spurs given Lewis’ issues, the only viable club left to invest in both in terms of availability and stature.

1 Like

Yep, it points to him, but we will see.

We don’t want a sovereign wealth fund arrangement, and at the same time, while our owners have been good, most fans would like to see Klopp benefit from slightly looser purse strings from the suits above him. Usual caveats apply - still doing sensible business, scouting well, recruiting to a plan and vision and so on… just with a bit more money.

I think it is happening, or maybe even has happened, but we will try to finish our summer business before any announcement.

Is it true he already has a stake in Palace ?

I dont think so. Maybe you’re thinking of Josh Harris, the guy who recently acquired the Washington NFL team, who allegedly had a rival bid to Pagliuca to buy Chelsea.

1 Like

I have to say we’ve spent more than I expected even if Lavia’s deal is covered by the departure of Hendo and Fabinho.

Then perhaps around 100m isn’t a lot and the skinflints argument has been drummed into me.

They’ll find an angle to raise it again Im sure, even if we get this deal over the line.

3 Likes

They are not even willing to bid 269 mil for a generational talent in Mbappe. FSG out. With Mbappe talents, that 269mil will pay for itself over 10 years.

Ten years is 7 years too many , we’ll recoup the amount by the sales of mbappe shirts alone. This is why FSG needs to be out.

“Fans protest at £125,000 Mbappe shirts”

Because they are sold out. All 100k of them

Sorry that’s just for the shirt. To put that name in, it’s another 10k per letter.

1 Like

So far as it stands this summer, that’s a nice little chunk saved on annual wages without the squad really being worst off from last season.

https://twitter.com/ShammLFC/status/1684984189093851143/photo/1

I would think there is a good chance we are still paying some of the wages of the players out on loan.

You mean the kids? How likely is that to put a sizeable dent in our overall budget?

Ahh, that explains where the Fifa compensation money has gone. :wink:

It’s also important to consider the new UEFA rules around spending that are coming in. Starting this season we can spend 90% of revenue on player and manager wages, transfer fees and agents fees. Over the subsequent two years that drops to 80% and then 70%.

We might be saving a lot on wages now but we’re going to have to be thinking how all this summer’s deals might impact us in three years time.

2 Likes