The Owners - FSG

Wasn’t suggesting otherwise - I think we screwed up last summer, and a healthy dose of criticism is quite justified. But the RAWK FSG thread in my limited experience basically dies down when we win a CL or the like, and stirs back to raging life at times like this.

I haven’t ever looked at the other two, so really could not say.

1 Like

But didn’t we achieve multiple CL qualifications spending less than what United have spent last season?

1 Like

I’ll keep saying this, FSG has added great value to their asset Liverpool by building 2 new stands and letting the club pay for it.

Money that could, no should have gone into the squad IMO.

I guess so, hey?

the value added to the club by it’s success in the past 8 yrs far supercedes that of a stadium renovation. that money still has to be spend through the club, not direct from FSG’s pocket. whether it be by an interest-free loan or financed through a financial institution, otherwise you’re getting into Citeh-territory of money washing.

1 Like

Why would that be money-washing? The money came from a legit source the FSG who are making an investment to add value to their asset.

That is how I understood it went down. FSG lent the club the money to build Kirkby and those two stands.

And how much of that is FSG’s fault and how much lies at the feet of Klopp?

Klopp was quite vocal about being happy with his midfield options last summer. Clearly money was made available to buy Tchouameni but when we didn’t, who decided not to spend it at all or spend it on Nunez instead? It sure as shit won’t have been John Henry.

Klopp also has to have signed off on Fabinho and Henderson leaving. We were shit for most of last season. Same issues game after game. He showed he could turn it around towards the end but stuck with tactics that clearly weren’t working for far too long. Can’t blame FSG for that.

The guy is a legend but he’s not infallible or above scrutiny and criticism. The lack of CL football is down, in part, to his inability to get better performances out of a far more talented squad than Eddie Howe did out of an inferior Newcastle Squad. Or Ten Haag managed to get out of an inferior United squad for that matter.

FSG deserve their criticism but it can’t simply be a case of everything good is Klopp’s doing and everything bad is of the owners doing.

2 Likes

It should be fun on here, if our summer transfer dealings culminate with a couple of panic buys on deadline day.

1 Like

they have to declare it as a club expenditure. The owners cannot just “give” 250mil to the club to spend, I don’t think it really works like that. LFC amortizes the expenditures over a period of time to lessen the financial strain on an annual basis.

what are the FFP restrictions on a declared loss every season? 15% of gross revenue? I’m not sure how Chelsea are managing to get away with the massive expenditures last two years.

In FFP terms, the stadium expenditure doesn’t matter. Eligible infrastructure investments are excluded from calculation of loss.

3 Likes

I could be wrong but they don’t give 250m to Liverpool, Liverpool does not have to pay money back to FSG. We had a financial expert here, perhaps he can explain it

Lad called Arthur on loan would be great

1 Like

I try not to segregate the two. this is why I try to refer to “the club” when it comes to this.

and Klopp does as well. he references “we” not “I” during his limited conversations about transfer dealings.

That said, I’m not terribly disappointed in how we operate overall but I definitely do think we’ve missed a trick or two with how cautious they have been as of late. large amount of Bosman’s as of late, as well.

1 Like

Season 2 Agree GIF by Paramount+

(Take it not this Arthur ?)

2 Likes

still doesn’t change the fact that the club fiscally cannot operate at a loss every year. I don’t expect them to, just to balance the books.

only way to spend more money, it to make it.

Unless you have a crooked sugar daddy.

1 Like

None of its good reason the IFL page on Facebook was using the Glazers ownership of United as a stick to beat FSG with because they spend money.

Whoever says that the Glazers “don’t spend” are ignorant of the criticism of them as owners.

1 Like

FSG own Liverpool FC and as such it is within their purview to run it as they see fit. They have said the club will run to its means and will pay for itself, and by and large they have stuck to that. One or two loans have been provided for a stand or training facilities. Some fans would have wanted the stadium expansion to be paid by FSG and reimbursed only when they sell the club, and that’s the main bone of contention.

In comparison to when they bought, it has been an excellent investment for them, 10x at a guess. Maybe more. Not bad. For them of course.

As for the fortunes of the club, we have seen one of the best Liverpool sides winning everything under Klopp, and it surely would have been more, it not for systematic cheating at Man City. 100+ charges should remain in the news until resolution, as everything they do stems from that.

Klopp is building his next great Liverpool side and in the last year or two we have seen a fair amount of players coming in: MacAllister, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz, Konate and others too, and they will form the bulk of the new side. Still more work to do! At least one more midfielder this window, and then the defence needs to be refreshed, with hopefully a good defender coming this window too.

FSG bought the club to make money, and so they will have done very well out of it. Light years better than the crooks before them, but from the fan perspective not perfect, as there’s a sense in which they could have found ways to do a bit more to back the manager.

I would give them a solid B on their report.

Whats clear as day is 75% of the fan base couldn’t give a shit about the clubs infrastructure and just want to see millions spent on players.

8 Likes

true that.

1 Like