The Owners - FSG

Anyway good night I might pop in again soon.

Fixed for true reflection

1 Like

Money is necessary but not sufficient.

But big money also tends to make clubs dumb. So I continue to believe that there is actually a sweet spot of money of having enough of it to make a Virgil type signing when you need it, but not so much that it makes you lazy, or stupid, or stupid and lazy.

5 Likes

Elon Musk could buy us and pour in $10b. Weā€™d still somehow end up in League Two by the end of September.

1 Like

And heā€™d change our name to a letter of the alphabet and kill off the Liver Birdā€¦

Still, if heā€™s throwing his own money at transfers Iā€™m sure the ā€œrealā€ fans on all the Liverpool forums would be wanking themselves giddy.

2 Likes

The Athletic had a survey recently and you could not be more mistaken!

1 Like

ARD left, wasnā€™t banned, wasnā€™t driven off. I thought he was sound tbh, but had a few strange opinions.
I asked you a question though, and you still have no answer?

I hope you saw my post.

If it is unbalanced criticism, with no acknowledgement of the good they have done, then it should be frowned upon. On their watch we have won every trophy, expanded the stadium, upgraded the training facilities, and have seen one of the best Liverpool sides. If not for a cheating Man City outfit, Kloppā€™s Liverpool would be more lauded.

My take is at the moment their ownership is in maintenance mode, until something gives. Either a sale, or decent percentage part sale, or charges against Man City sticking, or failing and a SuperLeague or something else gaining momentum again.

Thereā€™s a sense in which while they wait to see what way the wind is blowing, unrest is growing. But even at that point if we step back and look at the investment into the team over the past couple of years - Macca, Szobo, Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz, Konate and others, it is wrong to say theyā€™ve been crap and have done nothing.

Still, I want to see them do more.

1 Like

You think our owners donā€™t understand? Scratches head, looks at half empty bottle of wine and decides to relieve the bottle of its fluid load.

FSG are the best owners in this league who donā€™t have Ā£90billion dollars a week to spend. Iā€™m happy to debate this sensibly.

1 Like

You mean a quick visit? Keenly encouraged.

To be fair, you have pretty much had a different opinion about the owners and have been posting here, so to say that this forum does not allow for different opinions and are driving posters who have different opinions out is not fair. And while you were just telling us about the other forums, which is fine because every forum has their dynamics and that is why different people stay on with some forums, and does not with some. But for you to draw a parallel that over the other forums, they are ā€˜anti-FSGā€™ mostly and over here we are ā€˜pro-FSGā€™ mostly, is ironic because its almost as if that we are ā€˜wrongā€™ to have our own opinions, which is what you advocated. ANd also you might not have meant it but to infer that that people over who seem to support the owners are not true fans just because all other forums are anti FSG, is just not right.

But seriously, beyond football, there are so many posters who had disagreed with me on many things like religion or even certain issues of my country Singapore, I never felt to the point where I am so ostracised that I am being driven out of the forum.

3 Likes

On LFC fan sentiment? If so, I am encouraged. At an emotional level, I am finding this era far more difficult than 2011. That was ā€˜the stormā€™, I donā€™t know what we are in now.

Woke up for a pee.

8 billion posts in this thread.

Fuck me: you lot are sad.

2 Likes

Not true. That value can be released through borrowing, you donā€™t have to sell. The value of Liverpool has a hugely material effect on the owners, even if they never intend to sell.

Woke up for a pissā€¦and checked the forumā€¦

And calls people sad?
The most @cynicaloldgit post ever!!!

1 Like

If itā€™s that bad on here and there arenā€™t any ā€œtrue Liverpool fansā€ why on earth do you keep coming back?

4 Likes

The thing about just paying the asking price for Lavia and moving on is that in doing so, you not only have to overpay for that deal, but you then have to do so for all subsequent deals.
Every club will see that we we are a club that will roll over and pay Ā£50m for a teenager from the Championship That sets a precedent.

Do you think Man United end up paying Ā£80m for duds on such a regular basis because they genuinely think itā€™s worth it, or is it because theyā€™ve found themselves in such a desperate position in the past that theyā€™ll spend big on pointless transfers just to try and stay relevant and now canā€™t do anything else?
Clubs know they can and will pay stupid money so always fleece them

5 Likes

And Lavia still hasnā€™t signed.

2 Likes

Nailed it regarding negotiating

Our match against Chelsea will start in 8 days and if we sign Lavia we still need an experienced midfielder plus a CB. A good start to the season is important. Remember last season: Two draws with Fulham and Palace were followed by a defeat at United. That start absolutely killed our season and we missed out on the Champions League.

But hey FSG still has until the end of August to cough up the funds to get us three necessary players, yeah did you see that pig fly ā€¦