The Owners - FSG

1 Like

I think it may well have been a combination of 1 & 2 with a helping of nudge from the Saudi deals. I think we may have approach Brighton for both Mac Allister and Caicedo at the start. Brighton agreed to Mac Allister due to release clause and said Caicedo wasn’t for sale - so we did one deal and respected the stance on the other. Chelsea’s approaches unsettled the player to the extent that Brighton accepted they were going to lose him this window but if so wanted top dollar and invited Liverpool back to submit a bid.

I don’t think this would have been the case. The club was open to Caicedo leaving, only saying that he was staying about a week or two ago - which has probably been the point at which Caicedo’s camp said enough was enough. The underlying issue I feel is who the expected buyer was - Chelsea.

Caicedo wasn’t unsettled this window but in January when Chelsea tried to force Brighton to sell by getting the player to push for it. Therefore Brighton are probably reluctant to sell to Chelsea, and we have maintained an interest in the player.

Even as late as yesterday the message from those close to the club was that we expected Chelsea to get the player as Caicedo still wanted that deal.

Shall we just wait until Caicedo signed the contract before we start handing out cigars and Champagne to FSG … :innocent:

3 Likes

I don’t think it is a case of people handing out cigars, the money being paid I’ve made clear my thoughts…

Even if this deal doesn’t go through for whatever reason, the point that should be made is that when the time came fsg fronted the funds, and this really should keep the naysayers quiet for a fair bit of time.

Because if for whatever reason the deal doesn’t go through ( Chelsea bid £150 million for example) …then fsg have to draw the line somewhere and say “sorry but no”…

But I know and accept that some would proceed to call them tight.

3 Likes

See no reason why somebody would/should stay quiet, they are expressing their opinion, no problem with it.

Same , but the point I was trying to make is that as it is today and it’s been confirmed they have made available £111 million pounds for ONE player.

An obscene amount of money for one player…yes

The actions of a tight arse owners?..no and anyone who proceeds to act as though they are still tight arse owners really should get out and appreciate the beauty of the world a bit more because if they still think that, then my guess is they need some fresh air.

4 Likes

It’s ridiculous how big a dent this move puts into the narrative from the FSG-out crowd.

But let’s face it, the issues with FSG aren’t really based in logic. So they won’t stay quiet for too long.

4 Likes

Your point is perfectly clear but that was not my point.

People are expressing their opinion here all day, with some I agree with some I don’t. To some, I react to some I don’t but I would never want somebody to be quiet, would become rather boring here when everybody only expresses the same thing … :sunglasses:

My gut feeling is that Lavia and Caicedo have been either/or possibilities for much of the window, with Lavia being perceived as the ‘value’ pick - but Southampton seemed determined not to let him be that. Caicedo was the second option, despite being seen as the stronger player now.

Sort of hoping to be proved wrong with a move now for Lavia

2 Likes

And Milner, Ox, and Naby. Klopp was very clear last year that one of the obstacles of doing more in the market was the number of players we already had.

1 Like

Even if it is a late change in direction, we know we have been interested in him for 12 months and communicated that to Brighton and the player this time last year. There has clearly been a lot of leg work put into this bid prior to making it.

1 Like

Cheapest sneakiest owners. Offer huge transfer amount on a player they know will say no, and low ball a player that they know will say yes. ÂŁ161m saved.

1 Like

If Chelsea go back with a bigger offer and Brighton accept it, FSG should walk away.

They had an agreement at a new British record fee; if Brighton have reneged on that deal, FSG shouldn’t feel embarrassed. It’s Tony Bloom and his crew that should be blushing, for going back on a deal… not that he will, the egotistical wanker.

5 Likes

Yeah I agree.

The club shouldn’t remove its bid but should certainly wait until they bid further.

4 Likes

Im not the one with the egg on my face lol. Never count the chickens until the eggs hatch. Ha ha ha.

Calling liverpool fans tools, how ignorant and uneducated fools talk to fans of the club they say they support.

I’d question if your only interest is in getting one up on the owners are you even a fan.

I’d support this club if they were having to shake Tins outside Anfield in Conference North.

Give me Dom type deals any day of the week.

1 Like

I’d question that you’re even a supporter of the club, how you reference them.

2 Likes

Keep it classy lads, we are all emotionally agitated.