The Owners - FSG

As I wrote, I need to see a link. I just showed a link from Southampton that they accepted an offer from Liverpool for Lavia. I am inclined to believe in Wilcox’s words, representative of a club rather than something written between the lines in an article by a journo.

I think it is pretty naive to deny that LFC made an offer for Lavia and Southampton accepted that offer.

That article suggests our offer was accepted before Chelsea’s?

This is what he said - the implication I’m taking here is that Liverpool had a bid accepted, Chelsea then “came to the table” and outbid us. Nowhere does it say we offered 55m plus add ons.

5 Likes

Even more, Wilcox does not say they accepted an offer for Lavia, they are stil negotiating. And our offer is still on the table at the moment, not a word that Liverpool’s offer is not on the table any more.

Im sorry but that is clear as day says its 55m upto 60m if your an FSG basher.

1 Like

We now linked with Anton Stach for 15m euro. :smiley:

Cannot fucking believe we’re back dealing with Brighton again

1 Like

Of course, have you ever seen a sporting director speaking about kind of money they were offered. Did you see Barber officially admit what kind of money we offered for Caicedo?

That is like the Caicedo deal - people choose what to believe. Like Romano is a Chelsea mouth piece, because he writes that Caicedo prefers Chelsea :).

Looks like you are FSG lover, mate. Calm down, I will not say anything bad about the owners, so you can sleep well tonight.

1 Like

So to recap.

1. Liverpool bid accepted as per Southampton DOF, fee not mentioned.
  2. Chelsea in talks, no bid accepted.
  3. Paul Joyce says LFC did not bid 60m, he didn’t say that there was no bid.
  4. The transfer should be finalized next week or the next few days (by someone).
  5. COG is cynical about the current information.

Anything wrong?

You missed out:

1. Pretty much everyone gave up caring ages ago.
4 Likes

So Joyce is not a reliable source as he’s just a journalist but Sky Sports can be quoted as proof?

Liverpool denied bidding £60m, as claimed by Joyce who is pretty reliable when it comes to the club. I never said they denied making a bid, or having a bid accepted.

Nothing in the quote by Wilcox makes the story told by Joyce any different. Liverpool had a bid in for Lavia, one of those bids was accepted, Chelsea then got involved and now they’re negotiating with Chelsea.

Logic would dictate that Liverpool have not met Chelsea’s bid, or they’d still be in negotiations with us which his quote implies they are not.

6 Likes

I bet for a few days last week you were shitting bricks in case Caicedo deal went through you would have had to go into hiding again for a few week.

The Fsg apologist gets abusive and angry when anyone speaks out. Lol.

There are not many phrases that get my hackles up. Well done for finding one of them. Would you like to be owned by somebody else? If so, whom, exactly? You see I WANT us to be owned by mega oil money. I’m a whore, I’ll sell myself to the highest bidder. But currently we’re owned by the best that (semi-legitimate) money can buy. FSG are very very good within their constraints.

6 Likes

I’m no FSG apologist but I’m absolutely fine with the way things went. £60m for a lad who has played 30 odd games is insanity.

3 Likes

Spot on. I’m ambivalent about FSG. Hate that we live in a world where billionaires exist at all. But they’re probably the best of all the PL billionaire owners

6 Likes

Hey redjay, I see you’re fairly new here so I’ll try and afford you a certain amount of respect.

Now if there was anyone here who is an FSG apologist then I’m sure if you encounter them, please point them out because the day someone on a Liverpool forum starts spouting a companies virtues above the club, then I’m sure you’ll see some people tell them to fuck off, which I don’t know if you are aware was pretty much something that happened after FSG brought us.

We had a very pro FSG poster that went by the name of Anfield road dreamer…he turned up shortly after FSG brought us…and many suspected he was genuinely an FSG stooge …and called him out on it…was very strange …even stranger though was the fact, that before he left( not seen him in a while ) he became the poster boy for the fsg out crew.

See the point is, times change and people change as do opinions, but the one constant to us all here despite any personal belief in politics, religion etc …is that we love and support the same club…and that won’t change.

Again I’ll repeat that, we ALL love and support the same club.

So again I’ll say since you are fairly new to this forum I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to engage in debate/discussion rather than throw insults, we’ve had to much to endure over the years with H&G, we as a fan base have had many lows , even worse we have had two tragic lows in living memory…but the one constant is we as a fan base stick together and we’ve thrived at that, which makes it the more sweeter to enjoy the good times.

Anyways I’m sure you can see how corrupt the premier league, uefa & FIFA have been over the years …now throw in the man city equation coupled with Chelsea over the years and times that by the Saudi Arabia…and you’ll see that those very corrupt organisations that love to take the money, and even love to pretend to look as though they are acting to stop what many fans of lesser rich clubs have complained about …but the the truth is they ain’t doing shit.

Watch the video of the charges against city, especially the part about CAS where uefa “prosecuted” them…and listen to the one person who basically says it’s all smoke an mirrors and they haven’t got the motivation to actually do anything because they know they can just keep skimming off those with money …

The death of football as I and I’m sure many others knew, began years ago with sky in some respects …but in all those years I, who has been on many occasions anti fsg at times, have begun to see what many fans of this club, again notice the word club (not fsg) have stated that given the shit amount of corruption and money going on in this game, we are lucky to have the owners we have

I genuinely hope that football transfers and wages gets back to normal, where clubs can only spend what they can afford to, and that it genuinely gets regulated either points deductions or clubs are banned from any football competition for as long the owners are there because no one wants the footballing equivalent of a lance Armstrong competing.

Anyways, hope that gives some perspective, and hope you can see why it’s not really appreciated coming onto a forum to rant and insult people you’ve not really engaged with much, I’m a twat at times and more often than not I can get riled and insult some people on here, and if I’ve done that to people in the past I apologise…but I would always respect their view in regards to the support of this club, I may not agree with it, but their support for this club …I don’t really doubt it tbh .

10 Likes

I’ve not seen any abuse or anger.

4 Likes

I really would like to know if Lavia actually had his head turned by Chelsea’s money before we pivoted to Caicedo or not? It seems possible, maybe even probable. I’m sure our club are finding it hard to sell the vision of our ‘project’ when we struggled so hard into 5th place and we aren’t the up-and-coming team like we once were.