The Owners - FSG

You could be a major supporter of anything and still have moments that piss you off, where you criticise or question.

Most people are rational regarding our owners, they are the curates egg, good in parts.
We wouldn’t have Klopp, or have won every major club trophy in the last few years without them.

But there is an onus on extreme in contemporary society.
FSG out…just a symptom of plastic throwaway culture, where entitlement is awash.

They are far from perfect.
But they brought some success.
They don’t endorse murder of journalists or gay people
They don’t operate without regard to rules.

Be careful what you wish for, the Liverpool way is only legend anyway.

12 Likes

It must be the money. Realistically, Lavia would have had more chances to develop into a top player if he had joined us. At Chelsea, he could become one as well, but he could also stay on the bench for the rest of his time there, before he gets loaned out and tries to restart his career elsewhere. It’s a bit of a russian roulette game for him, and he could be metaphorically dead very soon.

But for this young man, as for many others past and present, it’s apparently the money which is the most important thing in life. Let him have it, and let’s move on.

3 Likes

Agreed. We can’t smash our wage structure by panicking this window. Young players need something to aspire to. What if this is the biggest pay check Lavia receives and his career flounders by sitting on the bench or multiple loan moves

1 Like

I hope he and others stay the full 8 years on the bench bleeding them dry

2 Likes

Well a more likely scenario is that one of them picks up a series injury in that time. Their value and potential wage immediately reduces and there is nothing that Chelsea can do about that. It’s happened to us in recent years but as our wage structure is more heavily weighted towards performance it hasn’t hit quite as hard.

1 Like

Would be even better if they had no injuries , but all developed splinters in their arses and gained weight like Ruddock did…and then come off the bench to play😂…in division 2.

Oh dear, you do hold grudges, don’t you :rofl:

I do when it comes to Chelsea, city …can’t say Newcastle yet because they know everyman and his dog are looking at them…we know it’s coming , and they do…but they have to be surreptitious about it .

1 Like

Did somebody mention Winston Bogarde?

2 Likes

Lmfao , you must have a memory of an elephant just read a piece on him…his wiki page contains this gem

"Why should I throw fifteen million euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract. Both sides agreed wholeheartedly (…) Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership, but I don’t care.’

2 Likes

I don’t think it will affect them anywhere near as much as it did us. They are going into the season with 9 CBs for example, one of whom is out with a lengthy injury.

I meant financially, not on the pitch.

So did I. With a squad their size, you can already cover most playing time losses from within their existing squad, but also trim down significant costs by moving some of the players they have on - how many teams need 9 senior CBs in their squad or 10 forwards for example?

Chelsea has such a history of ridiculous signings. Baba Rahman. Lucas Piazon. Van Ginkel who play like 2 games in 7 years and ridiculously, when his contract is almost up, Chelsea offered him a one year extension and even more ridiculous, he accepted!

Do you mean in terms of lost revenue? Typically 9 CBs are going to cost a lot more than 4.

He was great actor wasn’t he?

He wrote a book “This Negro Bows To No One” :eyes:

6 year old article but some funny shit, guy is a living Chelsea legend :joy:

I thought he was still there, sitting on the bench every week.

Wonder if he received the bench in honour of his time there ?

1 Like