The Owners - FSG

lost and found james GIF by Lost & Found Music Studios

As posted in the Edwards thread.

Itā€™s weird and interesting, and the likely undercurrent to all is probably exactly what everyone thinks, but I think itā€™s odd to have strong feelings about moves like this where we cannot possibly have enough information to evaluate it

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1788973157191172197

How many of them are returning to their previous roles though?

Hope theyā€™ve been in the fridge.

I would imagine that Herr Klopp can be very demanding in his role and maybe that has rubbed some of them wrong

1 Like

I wonder what has he done to earn your ire?

I donā€™t think any have so farā€¦

I had a feeling we might see Ward back.

As FSG technical director, not LFC right?

I really like the fact that we are putting together such a good team, all around the football operation. It is impressive to see.

Perhaps unfairly, as Iā€™m just a bloke passing the time on the internet and donā€™t have a clue what happened, but Iā€™m not overly enamored with Julian Ward coming back into the fold.

Why?

He had a big job to do, and only stuck it out for five minutes. He had years to assess the lay of the land before he took the job. Then, having taken the job, he decided it wasnā€™t quite to his liking.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more to it than that, but to me it comes across poorly.

2 Likes

Episode 4 Love GIF by Paramount+

Haha. Absolutely fair, given my extreme over reaction.
To be completely honest and at the risk of over reacting a second time, I thought his departure was cowardly. Like, youā€™ve been given the keys to a footballing juggernaut, gone from an assistant to the main fella. A huge amount of faith has been put in you when the majority of teams at this level would go and get a big experienced name and you shit your kecks after about 4 months, tossing all the clubs plans and structure in the bin on your way out. Honestly, I thought it was pathetic and Iā€™m disappointed heā€™s back.

God I wish Iā€™d phrased my response like this. Haha.

Surprised at Ward coming back - does really point towards hierarchical issues and likely Jurgen talking more control.

Ive no issue with him coming back, and its a different role.

Its pleasing to see the appointments being sorted out pretty swiftly by FSG/Edwards/the club.

Heā€™s not ā€œcoming backā€. Heā€™s working for FSG.

1 Like

We are buying another football club this summer

Can they play CB?

2 Likes

Fair, heā€™ll not be employed by LFC, but FSG. He will be working with the club, so will still be involved one way or another.

My point is that itā€™s a different situation and itā€™s not necessarily a hierarchical issue.

Only in a back 3

1 Like