The Owners - FSG

How can Barca be no.1… They have £1bil worth of debt… Makes no sense.

1 Like

I don’t think it takes debt into account.

1 Like

Yeh, it’s just revenue isn’t it.

Article says its measured as enterprise value (equity + debt).

1 Like

As they say, Turnover is vanity…

2 Likes

While I don’t disagree with your assessment in-so-far as a cash injection would enable the club to achieve a more rapid recovery both financially and on field, I question where might FSG find the necessary funds.

The RedBird investment in FSG has apparantly only provided limited funds (c. $150 million) for future investment. If these funds have been earmarked for a new acquisition, and not to provide the funds to prop up FSG’s existing portfolio, any funds FSG might choose to invest in Liverpool would have to come from increased borrowing.

If this is the case, unless FSG can obtain significantly better terms than Liverpool, FSG might as well sanction Liverpool increasing its own borrowing to the full extent of its facility.

(I hope you don’t mind but I’ve taken the liberty of replying on “The Owners” thread as it is more about FSG than about whom we might buy.)

3 Likes

:smiley:

How did you do it, teach me, teach me, please.

Yes, your assessment of the source of fund is correct. Most (all) of the new capital is likely to go into new ventures.

I feel, due to their business acumen, FSG will provide support, so let’s see how that happens.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/european-super-league-latest-news-b1833392.html

1 Like

Money grabbing cunts. Get out

3 Likes

Not that I like the plans but UEFA etc are making some fucked up changes themselves too!

4 Likes

Honestly, I think enlarged CL will be way, way, worse than the ESL.

2 Likes

Having no domestic league and playing teams like AC Milan 4 times a year.

Nah I know what’s worse.

4 Likes

The idea was the super league would be instead of UEFA competitions but domestic leagues would still continue as far as I understood it. The leagues saying they’d kick clubs out is a consequence of UEFA and the leagues working together to try and resist it isn’t it?

2 Likes

At first, I wasn’t a fan of the super league, but after seeing how apoplectic it has made Gary Neville, I’m completely in favor of it.

14 Likes

They would have to… they will end up with 86 league clubs with no chance of anything more than a depleted top division otherwise.

1 Like

Neville knows the big six leave Premier league his sky sports cash cow is getting greatly reduced.

4 Likes

It seems that they are attracted to the US model of closed leagues being more entertainment based rather than competition based. Tons of money up for grabs, but nothin is ever really on the line except hope that your team can win a championship. The problem is the monopoly that the big pro leagues have, there’s no real competition, even when alternative leagues form, they get squeezed out. There are no more Cinderella stories, no more deep cup runs from minnows, etc

1 Like

Why would they? Its UEFA that are losing out. The clubs would be in the super league and then UEFAS CL and EL would be vastly diminished but the clubs would still be in their league. Those leagues saying they’ll kick out the clubs that participate sounds like empty threats to me. Isn’t this a European version of what happened with the Premier League? And the Premier League are complaining about something they did to exist in the first place?

3 Likes

The difference here is that the Premier League agreed to stay in the pyramid and help out the lower leagues. By locking in 15 teams with no risk of relegation, you’re destroying the competitive element.

They’d still be in the Premier League/La Liga etc. it’s a replacement for the CL. Not domestic league. Hence Premier League etc. backing up UEFA with threats to kick these clubs out of their domestic leagues if it goes ahead. Hardly a threat if that’s what they were going to do is it?