The Owners - FSG

Plenty, there’s a lot of games left for officials and VAR to stick it to us. Which they will do.

6 Likes

Pffft, City have about 20. We will never knock them off their perch.

1 Like

Not sure where to put this, don’t we have a coaching staff thread anymore? At least, I couldn’t find one.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/422135-makes-absolute-sense-klopp-explains-schlumberger-appointment?

Jürgen Klopp has explained why it made ‘absolute sense’ to recruit Dr Andreas Schlumberger as Liverpool’s new head of recovery and performance.

5 Likes

You could start one, Livvy!

Jürgen Klopp has explained why it made ‘absolute sense’ to recruit Dr Andreas Schlumberger as Liverpool’s new head of recovery and performance.

Jurgen is getting to the bottom of the Naby conundrum…!!

So, is this guy from Lourdes and performs miracles? I do hope so.

7 Likes

Accounting firm KPMG have compiled a detailed analysis of the impact of coronavirus on six of European football’s domestic champions from the 2019/20 campaign…

Liverpool could be set for an eight per cent drop in their operating revenue…

According to the report, the Reds saw a drop of eight percent, a sum of €47.6m (£42.1m) from a total of €557m (£502m). That figure was made up through €82.5m matchday revenue, €231.9 broadcasting revenue and €242.6m commercial and other revenue streams…

Andrea Sartori, KPMG’s Global Head of Sports said: "While recent pre-COVID-19 seasons demonstrated constant and stable growth for almost all the champions of Europe’s top leagues, the past season has been distressing for all, albeit to various extents.

"The coronavirus crisis has questioned the financial sustainability of the football ecosystem as a whole and further exposed its fragility.

Even prior to the pandemic, inflated players’ salary, coupled with growing transfer and agent fees, placed a significant strain on clubs’ finances. The crisis has magnified these flaws in the current business model. Football clubs suddenly had to deal with liquidity concerns with all of their income streams affected by the absence of gate receipts, in addition to the renegotiation, suspension or cancellation of payments from media and commercial agreements."

And, just to emphasise the importance of finishing in the top four:

The financial importance of the Champions League for all of Europe’s big hitters was underscored by Porto’s inability to make the group stages of the competition, something that saw them take a staggering 63 percent hit on broadcasting revenue compared to the previous year.

Liverpool’s continued participation in European football’s biggest knockout club competition could provide a huge boost for the finances when they are revealed and go some way to softening the blow that COVID has had on some revenue streams, with success in the competition worth as much as £113m.

6 Likes

A summary of the KPMG report is available here:
https://footballbenchmark.com/library/the_european_champions_report_2021

The full report can be downloaded here:
https://footballbenchmark.com/documents/files/public/The_European_Champions_Report_2021.pdf

3 Likes

I think if we want to sort out the Nabby conundrum we should be looking at the guy from Bethlehem. He performs real miracles :rofl:

4 Likes

Well, well, well @jamespearce changing his tune now by retweeting this?

3 Likes

Does anyone have the full article?

2 Likes

I was pleased we spent a bit in the summer, that we got Thiago ahead of Gini leaving, and finally added cover up top and left back.

The centre back situation has undermined everything though, and it’s something that was foreseeable.

For two years it was senior centre back one alongside VVD until injured, then senior centre back two until injured, then senior centre back three until injured, then back to number one who’d be fit by then. Sell one of the three and you’re asking for trouble.

I hope FSG can sanction something this month, because we need the option to rotate between Matip, Fabinho and a third senior centre back, leaving Hendo totally free to play midfield, and the possibility of using Fab there.

If they lose CL, all our momentum is at stake.

3 Likes

Do we honestly think if Klopp picked up the phone to John Henry and said look mate, I really fucking need a centre back, John Henry says no to him? Really?

8 Likes

To be honest, it’s sensationalist headline but his words suggest that Henry said no.

6 Likes

It’s click bait, he says a center back will help ( of course it will) has been told it’s not possible this window.

Everything we already knew, but the pitchforks will be out.

3 Likes

He also has said it’s not his decision which certainly strongly suggests it’s someone at our end that has decided “no”! Not that there isn’t an available deal IF we want to pull the trigger on it.

3 Likes

But FSG thinks they can spend to keep up with the other juggernauts in the proposed Super League?

2 Likes

Slight suspicion we are seeing the end of FSG with us. Think they have made their money with us and aren’t looking to splash a awful lot in this climate. Could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Before everyone goes into meltdown how much has been spent this window by Premier League sides. All teams have glaring needs but none are filling them. Maybe just maybe Corona is having the huge impact on finances what some don’t want to agree with. On the 12th of March only 6 thousand fans will have been through gates in 12 months.

6 Likes

I think this is a topic for conversation.

Also, @RER since you posted what you did, you’re talking specifically January, could you post summer PL spending? I ask because I’m curious how clubs were handling that overall.

1 Like