The Owners - FSG

Hastily rushed out with spelling errors? That just seemed to hint at the desperation of certain Spanish and Italian club owners.

Football needs reform but that certainly wasn’t it. But then I can’t see how we get the reform it needs with the current vested interests in positions of influence.

4 Likes

I’m sure it would have been his decision to say the he is responsible, which for me is something I respect

4 Likes

There will be lot of nitpicking by the media now. Like Melissa Reddy yesterday counting number of words in a statement and how many times sorry word was used (which I recollect she had done earlier for some other club statement as well). Atleast respected ones like her should have had patience.

2 Likes

This is worth bearing in mind over and over again. Using worse comparitors to make themselves the paragons of virtue is nauseating.
The smug satisfaction that the game has been saved, so that they can continue to pillage it is the height of irony.

3 Likes

I 2nd this and FFP if implemented properly would stave off a lot of the debt the likes of Barca & Madrid have built up and also bring into line the oligarch clubs, who have pushed up wages and transfer fees for all

1 Like

It’s ok… Olly Holt has been giving it billy big balls for a few days… The same Olly Holt who is the chief sports writer for the right wing gutter racist newspaper the daily fail. Hypocritical prick.

At least Reddy is trying to use this to tackle real problems… One of my favourite journos…

10 Likes

They aren’t normally like this they have been supportive of the owners, until this

Still a vast over-reaction IMHO.

3 Likes

That’s the one!

Or ten thousand midfielders when all you need is a centre back?

5 Likes

Here you go:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love it!!

Well, 9,999. Keita…

Cheers! Appreciate that.

The apology does change things, at least for me. Lets not forget that it was difficult to stay out, like what Bayern did, even if it was the right thing to do. Being on the outside of it would have been seen like condemning the club to financial ruin in the future. It seems to me that the thing is being driven more by the Spanish and Italian clubs who maybe, have more to gain financially from the project than the PL clubs who are already rich and getting rich in comparison. This especially applies to the Italian clubs. Anyway, he said sorry. We move on. They have been very good owners, this and the sacking of Kenny aside.

1 Like

Bayern, PSG are hypocrites. They would have joined if it went through. I’m sure they will rinse UEFA for their loyalty.

5 Likes

You know, it’s a real shame that the Owners didn’t take the opportunity to do the Anfield Road refurbishment this year. I know it’s a huge dose of hindsight but in the absence of fans they could have completed that this season ready to go for the start of 21/22.

Imagine the position the club would be in then? The increased matchday revenue would be accelerated by at least two years which would have mitigated the financial impact of the pandemic. Sure they couldn’t have begun it in July/August as much was still unknown but by December it was obvious that fans were not going to be returning to stadiums in significant numbers probably until next season at the earliest. Ah well.

9 Likes

Most of the polls I’ve seen over the last few days, ca 40% say they’d walk from the club if this project had been realised. Are there worse than FSG? Probably, but I don’t see how they can stay when their ambition is in direct opposition to such a significant amount of (‘legacy’) fans, and if we swallow this, I fear we’ll be right back here in a few seasons.

1 Like

And so be it, we just tried it ourselves? We just lost and they won big time.

Also if agnelli the others were really interested in reforming European football they were in the prime positions to do so, let’s not kid ourselves they haven’t had the chance to do so, Agnelli wanted more money and more power.

Henry fucked up thinking these people were a good idea, one conversation with our manager would have told him that, Perez and Agnelli have had the power they now have none because they gambled on their own egos.

1 Like

That’s a good point. A pity they didn’t take the bull by the horns and did it…

But they are a prudent bunch as we know (apart from when they provoke a PR disaster haha!) and will only push on when they have 100% security.

1 Like