The Owners - FSG

This is part of the issue though isn’t it? The original ticket price structure was more egalitarian than the one we ended up with following the “win” from fan groups. The cynic may think that worked out pretty well for the owners…by accident? Who knows?

The furlough stance was also a more than reasonable one to adopt but the way the information came out was appalling. The club simply didn’t have a handle on it.

Both those incidents suffered for incredibly poor communication and that’s everything when it comes to PR.

Of course, neither of those issues were helped by rather reactionary, forever distrusting, anti-establishment supporter groups with little appreciation for running a club.

8 Likes

Whilst that is true, I love the transfer window. It’s like Christmas without costing me a penny :slight_smile:

Salary caps and a complete reset of the finances of football will remove the problem in the short term. Plus it will never happen. Will just be more and more money spent on nicer and nicer baubles. Very much like Christmas.

3 Likes

Liverpool owner John Henry: “Jurgen Klopp, players and people who work for Liverpool have absolutely no responsibility for this disruption. They were the most disrupted and unfairly so. That is what hurts the most.”

Oh please John. Surely you knew the repercussions that this ludicrous idea would cause. I’m not falling for it. You and your cronies have been caught out and that’s hurting you owners the most.

They are the root cause of most of the problems in English football.

How they can take any sort of morral high ground when they were charging £15 to stream Burnley v’s Sheffield Utd during a pandemic with millions on furlough is just staggering.

Then you’ve got the likes of PSG who basically broke transfer fees in a power play funded by an entire human rights abusing country… Abused FFP for years, changed tact and now are heavily invested in the upper echelons of UEFA.

4 Likes

Not wanting to rush to defend Sky, but wasn’t the idea of charging for the games pushed through by the clubs/Premier League instead of the broadcasters?

I vaguely remember that being said at the time.

5 Likes

Spot on :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

Didn’t you hear? Liverpool FC died yesterday, he’s there for the memorial service.

2 Likes

What a load of bullshit… “They were going to get out when they had doubled, tripled their profit”

Souness, they bought the club for £300mil… It’s worth around £3bil… So the value has gone up 10 times in 10 years, the chance to sell out on “double/triple” profilts was years ago and they didn’t.

3 Likes

Thank you, WeeJoe.

Irony is ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.

4 Likes

I thought it was both, Murdoch shifted focus after he wasn’t allowed to buy Utd… I’m sure I recall reading how Sky swooped in and took over from Sugar and his dishes?

1 Like

Yes, in fact it couldn’t have been done without the PL. The issue wasn’t the charging though, it was the price and for that both the PL and Sky share the blame.

2 Likes

Or perhaps he means doubled, tripled their profit from what Liverpool is worth now.

I thought it was a black fly in my chardonnay? Or maybe that death-row pardon, 2 minutes too late…

1 Like

The number of people who aren’t aware of this fact…

And then United go on to dominate the league that Murdoch set up, getting hundreds of decisions in their favour every season.

Coincidence? :thinking:

8 Likes

What if they were runcible spoons?

Alanis really didn’t understand irony.

2 Likes

She could have got by with a spork.

2 Likes

I don’t know how to share articles but you should read the super league statement. It’s a little sinister in that it doesn’t seem this is the end.

Still should have come earlier IMO

Best thing he said was that it was all his fault, I do respect someone that takes personal blame.

3 Likes