The R.I.P. thread

I recently watched him in 1883, a prequel to Yellowstone. Decent series.

1 Like

Some might remember this guyā€¦ in the days of Mick McManus - Les Kellet + Jackie Pallo
RIP

Flamboyant Welsh wrestler Adrian Street dies at 82 (msn.com)

4 Likes

Almost about to finish the 2nd series and heard about his passing just now, incredibly sad. 25 years of age. Father only passed away last week and (like anyone would) really struggled to move past that. Loved his character on the show, devastating. RIP young 1.

https://twitter.com/euphoriaHBO/status/1686137982003126273

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AdrianAndShane/status/1688810737198587904?t=Cnot0TH2nCJQTFo-IuKakA&s=09

Farewell Irelandā€™s Rose. Your music lives on Sinead.
Slaā€™n abhaile, Sinead; Dia leat.

9 Likes
2 Likes

RIP Sixto Rodriguez

2 Likes

RIP Parko

8 Likes

I was just discussing Michael Parkinson with a an American Beatles fan the other day. He was unaware of who the other people were on Wingsā€™ Band On The Run album, of which Parky was one. Such a huge star in his own right in the 1970s and some of his interviews are of real historical interest.

4 Likes

Yes, Parkinson was a brilliant show. What does the BBC give us now? The One Show.

RIP Parky

3 Likes
4 Likes

I was just thinking about that one. Ali really opens up to him and you get a great insight into his political thinking as well. Itā€™s TV interviewing at itā€™s best.

3 Likes

My parents used to watch Parkinson show, he had some iconic segments with famous people. I especially remember the Muhammad Ali one.
RIP Parky, you are a legend!

2 Likes

HATED his Friday night program.

Edit, correctly called by @Quicksand

Its excellent news that he is dead?
Are you joking?

Iconic broadcaster, consummate professional, you donā€™t see the sort of thing he brought much at all nowadays. The world is a poorer place for it. RIP

1 Like

OK, I hated the program, not him.

Mrs family loved him, danced and sang along to the music at 9pm on a Friday. Mrs snapped her knee when we were ā€œcourtingā€ so there was no going out and having fun for about 6 months. So when I went round on a Friday, weā€™d all sit in the lounge to watch ā€œparkyā€ Every 5 minutes was another pint I wasnā€™t enjoying with my mates at our local, instead had to sit with two old dears who just loved him and a girlfriend who knew full well I couldnā€™t wait to escape the torture to goto the pub. I loathed it beyond rational measure.

2 Likes

Clearly. Never mind, now heā€™s died Iā€™m sure that the BBC will put an extensive collection of old shows and classic interviews on so that you can enjoy it all again.

1 Like

Ironically, family is due home today after a week in London. If they put a tribute show on tonight at 9 sheā€™ll HAVE to watch it and I WILL goto the pub.

2 Likes

Parkinson stopped me from getting my leg over! The dislike now seems less irrational.

Nice clarification between the program and the man, cheers.

1 Like