The R.I.P. thread

Rip.

1 Like

rip

ynwa

2 Likes

Rest in peace, Bobby Sr. Stay strong Bobby :pray:.

1 Like

always like Terry Venebles,

RIP Terry.

6 Likes

Quite a character and a decent guyā€¦

Great shame he didnā€™t lift that trophy with England in 96.

4 Likes

One of the first England games I went to at Wembley was when Venables was manager. He picked Darren Anderton over Steve McManaman on the wing, and I couldnā€™t believe it. I was a student and not doing anything much at the time. It may have been a friendly and he was assessing his options, but the old Spurs connection seemed strong.

I thought he was a good tactician and a nice bloke. Definitely passed the pint test. He knew the game, he knew how he wanted it to be played, and he sent out a stylish team. I thought Euro 96 was probably his pinnacle, and the whole nation was caught up in a moment, but England just fell short.

Venables managed at a time between the old methods and the new, and I thought he straddled that quite well. He was approachable, professional and progressive. To his credit he also managed overseas at a time when that was rare, earning the monicker El Tel.

Good bloke. Good manager. One of the good ones from the game has gone and will be missed.

RIP.

5 Likes

RIP Charlie Munger, just over a month short of his 100th birthday.

Although a week before the new edition of Poor Charlieā€™s Almanack is due to be publishedā€¦

1 Like

Another quality coach who the Suit brigade of the FA hounded out

Another quality coach who couldnā€™t keep himself focused on the footballing side of the gameā€¦

RTE news : Henry Kissinger, American diplomat, dies aged 100

http://www.rte.ie/news/2023/1130/1419281-henry-kissinger/

1 Like

Only the good die young? Itā€™s incredible that he has just died. He seemed like an old man when I was a kid. He does seem to have kept active right until the end which is remarkable in itself.

4 Likes

Another of the Liverpool theatre community has passed. Dean Sullivan was probably best known for playing Jimmy Corkhill in Brookside.

3 Likes

Rest in peace.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Former Chancellor Alistair Darling has died aged 70:

This thread seems to have been quite for weeks and then several all at once.

1 Like

I donā€™t think anyone illustrates the disconnect between the story America tells about itself vs who it actually is than that cunt.

3 Likes

Evil incarnate

1 Like

Christmas is coming ā€¦ they all seem to go around this time.

2 Likes

Look at this headline. ā€œSeriousā€ publications will only go as far as talking about his ā€œcontroversialā€ legacy. It takes a music mag to actually see straight.

7 Likes

Possibly the first burst of cold weather? Excess winter deaths is a real thing. Itā€™s not just flu and hyperthermia either.