The Random Football Debate Thread

He did, he just didn’t tell anyone.

2 Likes

Does no MLS team want him to stand around doing nothing?

…and then, in the article…

Perhaps Everton really are in a mess after losing 4-0 to Minnesota United, although having finished 16th and swapped Richarlison for James Tarkowski that hardly took a sweaty experiment in the US to discover.

4 Likes

I’d go one further, the transfer window is the season for some.

Spurs fans are the ones declaring victory this summer.

2 Likes

Spurs fans are pretty funny this summer. They seem convinced they’re in the title race, even saw one guy claim they were the best set up for a go at the quadruple :joy::joy:

Honestly I have no idea what is encouraging such hype, they’ve brought in one starter - Bissouma - and a bunch of squad players, none of whome get anywhere close to Liverpool or Man City’s squads.

3 Likes

I think they’ve bought in a keeper who isn’t that bad as their starter but nethier are the quality of Becker or Ederson, in fact I wouldn’t rate them as highly as De Gea or the Arsenal lad on recent performances.

1 Like
3 Likes

Straight red cards needed for this acting.

2 Likes

Hope he breaks his fucking neck one day during his diving …

3 Likes

Weird one isn’t it. Essentially swapped Bergwijn for Richarlison which isn’t a £25m upgrade in my head. Then there’s a Championship right back, a 33 year old left wing back, a centre back who couldn’t hold down a starting place at Barca and a back up keeper who won’t challenge Lloris.

Sure Bissouma could be a great signing for them but the rest just seems like squad filler. I guess the optimism comes from a decent second half of the season once Conte had got them playing but they still dropped points against some shit teams and the squad is bloated with a lot of very average players they don’t want but are struggling to shift.

Fuck that

Most money spent on players by managers during their careers.

2 Likes

Diego Simone :rofl:

Diego’s net spend works out around 15mil. per season, though.

That might undercount the true figure? Didnt Atletico used to sign players on a part ownership basis.

I’m not sure which way that would work out. They were friendly with Peter Kenyon for a few years. His agency bought percentages of Costa’s and Falcao’s rights, as well as Koke, Saul and maybe a few others who were coming through Atleti’s academy at the time.

Some may disagree with me, but football, especially in England, is becoming more and more sterile. Yellow card for players over-celebration, this…

At least the reintroduction of safe standing will improve atmosphere (at least I hope so), and please keep the ticket price low, and leave more tickets for fans to buy at the gate.

1 Like

That yellow card rule needs dumping, understandable if there is a dodgy political statement but beyond that it’s garbage.

I think flares can be dangerous mind. I’m more surprised so many get in.

2 Likes

I thought they bag searched everyone…where they hid em is probably where the sun don’t shine…eerrrggghh.

Wales?

2 Likes