The Random Football Debate Thread

WTF is wrong with this world :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thoughts and prayers

https://twitter.com/henrymoeranBBC/status/1698763781726232909?s=20

1 Like

I have to say I have a lot of sympathy for Harry Maguire’s mum. I have just been listening to Peter Crouch’s father saying how upset his mother got going to games and especially hearing the comments and abuse he got including apparently from the crowd at Anfield when he went 18 games without scoring. He said he had to go and stay with him in his apartment because he dreaded going out because of it.

It’s true, Maguire is not great, but the stuff he receives (from even the little I’ve seen online and heard from the crowd) is far beyond “normal”. But that’s the age we’re in, unfortunately in that aspect. Must be even harder for the player’s parents and close family.

2 Likes

Family just need to turn off the socials and only sit in the box seats at games and just ignore it. It’s always been part of playing at this level in the UK and they are paid enough to be able to help insulate their family from it, TBH.

1 Like
1 Like

I have something in my eye
https://x.com/meninblazers/status/1705704606032892242?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g

:face_holding_back_tears:

9 Likes

Measure your power of observation - Anyone spot the famous face in each picture

Clue: Now squint and look

1 Like

Top ones just Goats
Bottom ones an alleged rapist

1 Like

Ah Yeah skint you see who it is.

All the stadiums should have solar panels on their roofs like that of the Czech and Israel. The Albanian one is an atrocity.

2 Likes

There really are some ‘sickos’ in our society… Hope he gets thrown into jail that is sited in Sunderland

Football yob sacked, faces prison and a lifetime ban for mocking Bradley Lowery (msn.com)

2 Likes

Does Zlatan not remember that he

1. left Italy to go an play in France, a league that was second class at the time, and did so to join a sports washing project that tripled his salary
  2. Finished his career in the MLS
4 Likes

He lives in a parallel universe where he is king and everything he says and does is amazing.
We are all his underlings.

2 Likes

I read the headline of him criticizing the moves and thought it might be interesting. Then i saw his reasons…

1 Like

got to play in a lot of different leagues and teams though. Thought it quite interesting, his career path.

1 Like