The Reds in ASEAN

I have heard that the vibe, ambience of Hanoi is more exotic, local; while that of HCM City is more western. Is that true? Just curious.

1 Like

HCMC or Saigon is a bigger city, busier and yes gives you a more American vibe. Hanoi is smaller and I like to compare it to a smaller European city (I did my MSc in Basel). Small cafes, little parks and hidden pagodas.

Both have terrible traffic and great food, if I have to summarise. Hope you all enjoy/ed your stays.

3 Likes

Reporting in too from the Little Red Dot! We should meet up some day when the situation permits :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Go ahead and organise.
I’m ok for most days of the week.
Evenings also possible but less chances.
I meet often with other interest groups; usually at food courts. Limit of 8 no issue as there are not that many on here.

1 Like

Pre season may be Asia this year!

Clubs could have done without intercontinental tours considering the Q22 induced fixture congestion.

Fans of English giants Liverpool in Singapore could get to see their favourite football stars such as Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Virgil van Dijk in person in July.

1 Like

More and more countries are opening up to 2-way quarantine-free travel.
Includes Vietnam-Sin recently.
Are you coming over again anytime soon?
(You can laugh in your BIL’s face of no CL next season). :wink:

1 Like

He has suffered enough I’m afraid :sweat_smile:

And too bad I just moved across the world to Canada last year, so I won’t be able to visit anytime soon.

1 Like

The vs Manure game in BKK is confirmed for 12/7. So the Crystal Palace one in SIN should be on 15/7.
Who’s going to watch?

1 Like

1 Like

The cheapest tickets at 120 pounds sold out within 2 hours I think :pensive::pensive::pensive:

Wow!

Just like back when I was in Australia. The MCG has a capacity of 100,000, ticket was like $50 at least and we sold out in less than an hour. Real Madrid also came, couldn’t fill half of it. It was 2013, we were nowhere as successful as we are today too.

Only downside is that it’s quite hot for a good game in Singapore.

1 Like

Yea but usually these friendlies are played at leisure pace. The fierce competition are usually played out in the stands between the fans.

Thailand Liverpool fans are fanatics, not to the extremist kind but Liverpool is extremely huge in Thailand. But this ticket price is quite ridiculous considering the local minimum wage is around 200 pounds and the cheapest ticket is 120 pounds. Of course the 2 clubs will benefit financially and I am sure the organizer is raking in the fortune but I don’t know whether there is any ethical grounds for the clubs to insist that the organizer keep a certain percentage of tickets for grassroots local fans, like what they do back home, especially coming to a country like Thailand where most of their fans are way worse off financially.

Anyway talks still in progress of a match in Singapore between Liverpool and Crystal Palace… God knows what kind of prices are going to be charged… But granted it’s CP as opposition, it will not be as big as the Man U one in Bangkok

Yes, it’s an indecent amount for something that barely resemble a game. However, I feel this is just one of the vanities (or worse) these people succumb to. What I mean is if they don’t go to this spectacle, they will spend a similar fortune on something equally superfluous.

1 Like

While this is true, but it would be a nice touch from the clubs, because afterall, there are similarly financially needy fans in Thailand and all over the world as there are in Liverpool or Manchester. And I will even think if they do not do it in places like Singapore where obviously most of us are able to afford it or at least will not need to give up a month’s wages to go to such a match but in places like Thailand where alot of the fans are probably not as well off compared to most places, it would be great for the 2 clubs to show some “grassroots” help by working with the local official fan club to identify needy fans and like allocate a significant amount of tickets to them at very low prices. I think its part of “community” work that the clubs can do, would it not? Just a small rant as I believe the 2 clubs, being, global clubs, can do alot more for their fans around the world.

Coming to Singapore after Bangkok

3 Likes

General tickets will go on sale from May 17. Ticket prices start from S$149 and will be available online.
Tickets for the open training session the day before will be priced at S$39, or US$108 and US$28 respectively.
Lower than the Bangkok match but then it’s Crystal Palace, not Manure, so…