The Reds in ASEAN

Bangkok: July 12
Singapore: July 15

Season 22/23: Aug 6

I guess the players will join pre-season camp at the beginning of July. There will be some WC and AFCON qualification games as well as some friendlies in early June too.

1 Like

Anyone here going? Is it a once in a lifetime opportunity? Or is it simply too expensive?

1 Like

Compared to the hassle of getting visa, the flight tickets, the travel, the accommodation and the match ticket itself to watch Liverpool playing in Britain or Europe, most if not all will pay 60x the price of a local match.

Quick calculation: In Vietnam, the match ticket for the team in my hometown (the 2nd biggest city) is only $5 for tier 1, so I guess it isn’t that far off for Bangkok. Let say $10. 60x10=$600. Schengen visa is already $150, matchday hospitality ticket or ticket from Ticket-f-master (because sadly Liverpool ticket isn’t that easy to get) probably will cost the rest of that $600 or anyway it won’t cover the return flight. So… yeah, big cost, but it is a rare occasion (last time was 13 years ago), so I’m sure Liverpool will gather enough to fill a 100000 seat stadium again.

1 Like

The pricing is ridiculous especially for the Bangkok leg. Of course we know it’s not cheap to get 2 of the most supported teams into Asia for a match. So it’s OK, let the rich go buy up the boxes and suites etc. But beyond that I am quite disappointed that both clubs in coming to a part of the world where they have so many fans who live on a daily wage and can barely support a family would not have demanded collectively that a number of tickets be made free to say under privilege children etc. Surely the clubs have the leverage to negotiate say 200 tickets for or phage or under privileged children in Bangkok for free from the organizer. The stadium can seat 50K, surely all the other high ticket prices can make up for the 200 free tickets for example. Maybe it is already been done but I think the big clubs of the world including Liverpool when coming to certain parts of the world need to recognize that it should not all be about money (which of course it is a big part) but perhaps they can demonstrate a bigger giving to the community because afterall, like Liverpool FC, it is no longer just a club for Liverpool only.

2 Likes

Perhaps we should switch to suppoprting Shiteh as they have very much more tickets than fans. :thinking: … … … :face_vomiting: :rofl:

It won’t be just Thai or Singaporean supporters. People from Vietnam for example who have money for it will travel the short trip to Thailand. We are not lacking in fans and so there is no incentive to ‘reward’ the underprivileged in Thailand with low priced or free tickets. Fan from Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia will ask: why not us? If there are only 200 free tickets, then who can get them?

I think training sessions should be free or there should be some free event to meet and greet the local fans. Which Man City did (to get some fans).

More importantly, it would be great if they re-establish the official supporter club network again, so that the international fans are not isolated from ‘the club for Liverpool’. The recognition for the official fan club in Vietnam was very short-lived, there is never a official store opened close to us, and it really does feel like to the club we do not matter. To be regconised, to get some support all year around, is way better and will get the club more fans than a few hundreds free tickets to an event once in a decade. I have moved to Canada, and it’s the same. With rising fee to watch our matches live on TV we’d rather a % to a supporter club to hold a group watch every week than Liverpool coming to Montreal for a commercial match.

2 Likes
1 Like