I will be voting for that b***ard to eat as many worms as possible

1 Like

And wombats bottoms

2 Likes

Nicely put :rofl:

1 Like

He must’ve misheard the title. It isn’t “I’m a shit referee…”

4 Likes

can anyone actually reference a referee they believe to be “good” and actually respect, in the PL?

Is there seriously not a single match official that people trust to do their job to an acceptable standard?

Short answer. No

2 Likes

There are a few who are ok, some who are poor and some who are dreadful.

And then there are the fishy ones.

I won’t bother names any ref I mention will have fucked up on something to do with us.

Generally there are a few faces that pass me by who I don’t register. I like refs who I generally acknowledge but don’t notice in games.

Michael Oliver is the only one I’m happy to see on our games.

The rest are either totally incompetent or corrupt.

2 Likes

For me there are only two, Oliver and Pawson. Are they without fouls, off course not they are human but when one of these two is refereing a Liverpool match I know two things for sure: they are not out to fuck us over or they are incompetent twats.

Just a quick disclaimer. I only tend to judge refs on tgeir performances in our games as I don’t tend to watch much other footy apart from The Reds. What I’m looking for in a ref is consistancy. As long as thebref gives decisions for or against both teams in a fair handed manner then I’m usually OK with it. What I don’t like is when a ref will give a foul for a tug on an arm or a pull of a shirt without giving a card, bug then dish ond out for a mistimed tackle. Tackling is part of the game and can sometimes be mistimed. You don’t accidentally pull someones shirt or arm?
On consistancy, in our game against Burnley at Anfield early in tge season Burnley werexallowed to get away with all sorts of WWE moves and body slams because refs were trying to let more go to enable free flowing games. Since then they’ve just gond back to the norm of blowing for all sorts of trivial touches.

4 Likes

I think the refs are dire, but they’re also filling the role of fan social media abuse targets left vacated after all those crap British managers could no longer wangle a job.

We have the best managers currently any league can ever have had, using the black and white certainty of VAR offside decisions to set high offside traps condensing play into a smaller central area of the pitch and on-pitch refereeing is struggling to adapt.

2 Likes

Another thing that boils my piss - new directives to focus on x brought in at time y that is stuck to for an small period of time before everyone forgets about it and goes back to normal.

2 Likes

Like when they brought in a directive on respecting the referee just long enough to send off Macherano against Utd.

3 Likes

Yes. I remember being treated like a lunatic as my argument was not that it wasnt justified under the rules they’d just invented 2 days prior (in response to Cole’s awful unpunished behavior), but because it was certain the commitment to this punishment would fall away just as quickly as it came in. Even I was surprised by how quickly they dropped it.

2 Likes

I think Mike Dean is pretty good, but he likes being the centre of attention. There are a few I don’t like being near our games, cos they just don’t like us very much - kavanagh, Tierney, Coote. The rest are just shite.

2 Likes

Agree that Oliver and Pawson are the best.

The general standard of refereeing is absolutely dire. To think that Tierney and Attwell are now considered amongst our best refs says it all. There won’t be any major improvement until Mike Riley is gone. It all stems from him. The back covering, the flip-flopping on how offences are interpreted, letting the game flow one week, giving penalties for fuck all the next. Until there is some openness and genuine accountability at PGMOL we are stuck with shite officiating.

3 Likes

If you want to see the major issue head down a sports field on a Saturday or Sunday and see how some refs especially the younger and female ones are treated.

After all refs aren’t coming from some organic ref farm they are still starting at the very lowest levels of the game.

Ive done it when you get a shitty 18 year old mouthing off at every decision and doing the VAR shit you lose interest.

Why do you think there is a shortage?

2 Likes

They are not … :disappointed:

I think you can all go and look who the Man City refs are.

I’m not massively bothered with Taylor but Tiernay on VAR means I hope it doesn’t go there but a decision will.

1 Like

It’s utterly crazy, now I don’t buy into the corruption angle personally, incompetence and bias? Some of them yes…

But why o fucking why for the biggest game of the season would you introduce Taylor (Wythenshaw), Tierney (Salford) as ref and var ref? I don’t personally think Taylor is that bad (the stats show we do well under him) but Klopp/Tierney have public beef and the fact both are manchester based I just don’t get why you let yourself be open to such scrutiny from before a ball has even been kicked. Knowing Riley the cock it’s on purpose to show his “power” and a direct wind up.

4 Likes