The Referees or The Twelfth Man

I think another thing to wonder about is institutional/systemic bias. It’s quite easy to introduce (consciously or otherwise) if the power dynamics in the organisation are very unequal. Which, given the recent exposés on the systemic racism present in the system, makes you wonder…

1 Like

That’s the issue I have I’m not bothered with Taylor but Klopp and Tiernay had a public spat and now he gets to hide behind the monitor.

Anyhow I’m not writing the game off like some on Twitter but we have to get that high line spot on, we will get nothing from VAR so not point asking.

2 Likes

Yep and he hasn’t been involved in our games since then I believe… Then brought back for this one… Doesn’t make sense, god I’m going all jaffod!

4 Likes

I think the point is, how can Taylor from Wythenshaw and Tierney from Salford be given charge of this game? It’s just not right.

2 Likes

Interesting he has been in charge of two City defeats this season the ones against Spurs, he reffed our two Chelsea games and the Man Utd one.

Sadly I think he went to VAR on both didn’t he, that’s my concern the decisions probably required VAR especially the penalty check if your not sure but meh.

His record for Man City isn’t that great but he has reffed some of our losses against them.

As I said not too bothered with Taylor but Tiernay is a massive issue, they have changed it in the past so maybe but we just have to try and avoid anything contentious as VAR will rule against us that much is true.

Greater Manchester isn’t the issue in this though, I’ve met a fair few of fans around that area who depise both clubs, Tiernay is the issue because he simply has been an issue throughout.

Anyhow moaning about it what’s the point only the club can change that.

1 Like

I had not much hope for a win but now I know for sure we are fucked those two are from greater Manchester and cunts.

3-1 cv Cheaty

I hope we complain and see Tierney removed… When Pep said his tactics was playing with 12 men… Fucking hell he was spot on…

2 Likes

There really is something wrong in football when you see those appointments for the biggest match of the season.
Liverpool have to be exceptional, dominant, and still hope that they are not fucked over by this combination.
My heart sunk when I saw this.
It is utterly unacceptable

3 Likes

Aren we screwed with the referees for the city match.

1 Like

No doubt @Rambler will tell you that they’ve had a look on the City and United forums and it’s obviously biased in our favour.

1 Like

Probably.
But who gives a fuck what the self entitled City or Manc fans think.
The truth is that these two in charge on Sunday have form against Liverpool.

If Taylor likes Man City and hates Liverpool why are his results not suggesting it.

Tiernay has issues with us that’s true evidently from Klopp’s comments but having digs at other posters even when your factually incorrect yourself is a bit nasty.

3 Likes

I presume the having a dig part is about me, but where have I stated anything factual about these referees today?

Well it’s at both of you, don’t watch it if you think it’s an entire set up.

I will enjoy the ride whoever they picked we’d have this it’s a bit tiresome especially as we have a big game tonight.

Tiernay is a cunt but only the club can challenge that.

1 Like

The tiresome part is watching games ruined by incompetent referees.

1 Like

Theres more.
Loads more from a couple of seasons ago.
@jaffod has outlined Taylors transgressions on several occasions.

1 Like

Why did Man City not beat Spurs twice.

Notice it’s Kav on VAR that gave that another utterly useless chump.

It’s tiresome because the games been written off before a ball is kicked and it is a bit boring any ref would have been blamed. People banging on about Oliver and yet he was involved in probably the single worst decision I’ve seen on a football field for us in the last 3 years.

Tiernay is an issue, Klopp has made that clear and they might combine to fuck us over but let’s see a thread of Taylor’s decisions for every club and then consider it.

And yeah his Chelsea hand ball was a poor decision

Firstly, its not written off. But the playing pitch isn’t level.
Secondly its a bit impolite to describe others contribution as tiresome, without actually engaging in what they are saying.

And Oliver at least admitted his mistake

1 Like

From my perspective, it ruins the game because you know that some referees can be reliably treated as biased in some way or another. It doesn’t have to be some grand conspiracy to know that some games are going to be refereed in a particular way (e.g. “magic of the cup” moments, or as evidence shows, Tierney and giving Merseyside clubs lots of cards).

Are they corrupt in the literal sense of accepting bribes for particular outcomes? Probably not, although there’s still a possibility that it is so (see Calciopoli).

For what it’s worth, you can receive lots of assistance but still be utterly shite. It’s not like a bent referee can go too much over the top anyway (see the Everton non-penalty against City), but they can do a lot of less obvious things that can ruin the game, e.g. penalising one side more so than the other with identical fouls, something that seems to happen a fair bit when we play.

That whole bullshit about studying track records to form opinions is also absolutely shocking. Of course if you’re going to do that then particular players will never be penalised no matter how abysmal the foul was, since you’ve already made up your mind that they’re angels.

There is a lot rotten with English referees without even going into conspiracy theories, just whatever they’ve mentioned themselves in interviews, e.g. Clattenburg’s comments about “Fergie time”. To pretend that the referees don’t have a big hand is to be burying one’s head in the sand. In this specific example, they could simply have avoided letting Tierney anywhere near this game, especially given how terrible he is in general, without going into questions of bias.

1 Like

1 Like