The Referees or The Twelfth Man

I’m not sure how scientific that study was but I will say that the identity of the most critical fanbase did not come as a great surprise.

1 Like

And the ref for next Sunday against United is just announced, Antony “born and raised in Manchester” Taylor. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

No surprise
Fucking disgraceful decision, but alas no surprise

3 Likes

Who’s on VAR

I agree but We smash them anyway :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Atwell so it is us against 13 fuck them we win 1-3

The toothy fucker puts the first half penalty wide…
Ronald McDonald steps up to take the second half penalty awarded…
and Alisson the man saves it.! :0)

Paul Scholes and Gary Neville is the 4th official. :nerd_face:

Now that’s a handy thread when you need it… So, after Tierney’s ‘performance’ yesterday at Tottenham, what mark do we give him? I for one hand him a big fat O. Despicable.

1. Not sending off Kane for a potential leg-breaker after twenty minutes in the game. No reaction from the VAR ref (Kavanagh). Kane got off with a yellow.
  2. Denying us a clear and obvious penalty for a foul on Jota in the box after roughly 25 minutes. Every pundit agreed afterwards that it was a pen, also those who don’t especially like us (of course, no reaction from VAR, despite of a clear and obvious error from the ref by all accounts).
  3. Kavanagh intervening after a rough tackle from Robertson in the second half which had first prompted Tierney to hand him a yellow card. Contrarily to what happened with the aggression of Kane on Robbo, he was asked to come and look at the incident, and then took out the straight red. Blatant inconsistency.

I’ve said it already, but for me, this is a case of corruption. These decisions aren’t errors. Tierney was very well placed before making his decision on the penalty claim for instance. And the VAR ref influenced the outcome of the game far beyond what can be called ‘errors’.

Klopp was fuming after the game, and I understand him. It’s frustrating to be cheated so blatantly.

4 Likes

Is there nothing we can do? Since winning the PL the PL is deliberately and determinedly screwing us. It’s no longer inconsistency, bad decision, or even incompetency; PL can just declare that they are going to screw us get it over with.

This shameless abomination is being propagated by former Reds like Carragher, Owen, and Murphy. But where are our other legends? I can’t understand why Dalglish, Rush, Barnes, to name a few, are silent. Where are SoS and other fan groups? Why isn’t there any organized protest/dissent against such atrocities?

Finally, is there nothing we (TAN) can do?

2 Likes

Who is this Burns guy… I want to know :upside_down_face:

The irony of a ref who admitted to giving utd decisions for whisky nose and thought Kung fu was appropriate for a world cup final criticising another ref.

It’s a grim sight having twattenburg seem reasonable.

5 Likes

Michael Burns?

I don’t know what we as TAN could do to be honest, apart from recording these incidents and maybe create a statistic of every game?

On the other hand, I think that the club could do a lot more about it. Not Klopp, he has already enough on his hands with the sporting aspects of preparing the team. But a strong CEO could and should be in the prem’s and the ref association’s ears all day long after such a shameful game.

A comparison with Germany: whenever a ref gets it wrong at Bayern’s expense, Hoeness and Rumenigge will be everywhere on the media for a week, crying around about the injustice, the ref’s incompetence, changes are needed etc. etc. Other CEOs or sporting directors of big clubs do it as well there. It might not be deemed by everyone as elegant behaviour, but it’s very very efficient. Of course, them being former players adds some weight to their complaints.

Still, my take is that Klopp needs help from the club’s officials. They need to develop a nasty side. Silence is not always gold when people knowingly and blatantly cheat on you.

2 Likes

Actual fucking joke

He certainly wasn’t jumping as high as Kane when he launched himself at Robbo

I’ll repeat nothing will change with Mike Riley in charge, he is the square root of all the problems going back over a decade.

4 Likes

I’d hope we start something legal in the background, threaten to sue if we continually are the wrong side of decisions and point out how it can cost us financially etc.

2 Likes

High time this happens; it’s a fight he can’t win alone.

1 Like