The Referees or The Twelfth Man

No, I think the existing punishments are sufficient. If you view a faked injury as a timewasting tactic, particularly when they roll back onto the pitch, it should be an automatic booking, and can be written into the rules as such.

2 Likes

Some time ago they started calling ā€˜divingā€™ simulation. Feigning injury is simulation. If players are writhing around as if theyā€™re in their death throes and then up and running in seconds give them a yellow. When a player has to leave the field after the physio comes on to tend to them, make them stand on the touchline for a couple of minutes.
One of the Chelsea players was booked for not leaving the field at the nearest place in our game against them recently. I was pleased to see it. Refs should do this more. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Interesting ehā€¦

Barca - ā€œit was not a conflict of interestā€

But this absolutely is a COI for the ref. No ref should be allowed to be associated with a company who offers these sorts of services while still acting as a ref or involved in ref associations. It shouldnt have needed revelation of Barca paying that company for this to come to light. If the league, or refā€™s association, or whomever is responsible for refs in Spain knew he did this and didnt stop it, it is on them. If they didnt know, then itā€™s still on them for having such bad vetting practices, or stated standards for avoiding CoIs.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The poor guy has no doubt had death threats and God knows what elseā€¦

Probably had to step away for the sake of his family.

I hate this sport sometimes. What is it about football that brings out the very worst in people. You would not have to resort to this in any other sport.

Itā€™s interesting as while it was clearly a fuck up, it certainly appears it was caused in large part by concern over the amount of time the whole sequence was taking. I read they were already pushing 4 mins or so by the time theyā€™d already cleared the first couple of incidents they reviewed in that sequence, and it seems he just panicked in a desire to get the game restarted. Pundits demand the decisions to be right. And they demand that they are made quickly, never acknowledging the conflict. This looks like a man being given as a sacrifice while the dynamic that caused it is still in place and his replacement is just as likely to make a similar error. The semi automated VAR cant come quickly enough

2 Likes

He got death threats? Real death threats, or are you speculating?

Poor guy possibly cost Arsenal the league. Supporters in the depths of miseable life having football as their ā€œoutā€ā€¦
And this type of fuckology ruins it.

I wouldnā€™t condone threats of any sort. But to see Mason as the victim is simply annoying.

2 Likes

Did not see what happened at the Arsenal game and if there have been death threats I hope those guys get punished.

But Lee Mason leaving is a good thing. Should be a warning to the other referees to take their responsibilities serious and that they are not untouchable.

2 Likes

Sadly it is not just football.

Look at grassroots Rugby League and AFL in Aus, american football or baseball in US and you will see same things happening. And that doesnā€™t even cover the ferals that are parents at kids sports.

Can he take the rest of the useless cunts with him? Thanks.

And abolish the PGMOL while weā€™re at it, all it does is ruin the game.

He should have gone about 12(?) seasons ago. His poor refereeing cost Birmingham their place in the Prem. They went down and have never returned. :rage::nerd_face:

4 Likes

If death threats were to be considered acceptable for incompetence in the workplace, half the fucking country would be living in fear

2 Likes

Theres no place for death threats anywhere.
But if anyone here was as incompetent at their job as Mason they would expect to walk.

1 Like

Agreed.
Sack the cunt, just dont kill him :+1:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll just leave this here no reason.

Though I thought Darren England had an ok game yesterday.

Looks like Sean Dyche with long hair :0)

ā€œYeah, well Iā€™m a Man Utd loving fan in charge of refereesā€¦ What is it you doā€¦?ā€

Itā€™s him is it not :0)

1 Like

I thought it was Paul Konchesky.

No. Webb has ā€˜Utd till I dieā€™ tattooed on his chest. :nerd_face:

1 Like