The Referees or The Twelfth Man

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

1 Like

You know whatā€¦
Its actually ok to be partisan about the club you support.
Its ok to dislike other clubs/referees/players/managers .

If I, or indeed you or any supporter wants to deride opposition whilst staunchly defending our own, well thats also ok.

Its support.
Not on the level you might like, but itā€™s support.

Liverpool are continually fucked over by Tierney. So Kloppā€™s reaction was fucking human.
I love him all the more for it.

This contemporary love of and belief in equity and fairness is the death of passion and support

Edit:
Calling Liverpool fans hypocrites because they donā€™t subscribe to your values is hardly fair?

1 Like

I have been reading quite a few comments of the few respected sports journalists and they are are saying that JĆ¼rgen should not behaved in this way and this goes for all managers, but the way they are reporting this story as if JĆ¼rgen committed GBH :roll_eyes:. I have witnessed far worse behaviour towards officials by other managers in the past.
I just think, JĆ¼rgen is going to be made an example of and really believe it is unfair.
After reading the TIA article, there is a definite correlation between decisions going against us when Tierney has officiated our matches.

3 Likes

Nobody is excusing Klopp. In my case, Iā€™m asking why is such a big deal being made of it when Mason was just as bad or worse in the same game and nothing is being mentioned. Or when Guardiola was provoking Tsmikas nobody batted an eyelid. And the list goes on.

Then the likes of you, holier than thou with not a peep about other managers call out proper Reds.

SMH.

2 Likes

He likes calling people racists thats why.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1653156155051393028?s=20

steve sleeping GIF

So to be a ā€˜proper redā€™ as you put it, I have to be a hypocrite, I see why society is going down the gurgler.

With regards to Pep there was other media reporting it and lambasting him for it.

It is hypocritical, not a judement, standing up for ones behaviour and slagging another for that behavior, how else do you describe it.

Maybe I do look at all sides to a story, and have a balanced view. But I also have done things with passion and anger that upon reflection are wrong and I have regretted doing.

But I aint blinkered, like some, and accept that everything someone does for Liverpool is right and they canā€™t be criticised, if it is wrong for one person it is wrong for all

Nope. But you also donā€™t have to be an apologist. So non biased that you go too far and actually become biased against LFC. PC gone mad.

1 Like

If Klopp is banned and fined, heā€™ll just have to take it on the chin. But I wonā€™t criticise him for calling out a referee, who clearly has a problem with him and LFC. Iā€™ll wager no further action is taken against Mason though.

3 Likes

You will get it at some point.

You are blinkered
Therein lies the problem.

I will take responsibility for being biased towards Liverpool, as a supporter. I will admit partisanship and will admit to anger towards Tierney, Kavanagh, Guardiola etc.

But I really can do so with a sense of proportion.
I know if a Liverpool player/person does wrong.
And when that happens I can discuss it and accept it.

You are blinkered towards this equitable, other side of the cheek nonsense.

You defended the linesman who elbowed Robbo, because in your own words, you played and reffed the game. In your view Robbo was wrong to approach and the elbow to his face was secondary. You cannot accept violent action by the lino, because it doesnā€™t fit in with the narrative of fairness.

Nothing from you on Pep winding up Tsimikas?

You then question the passion of our manager for celebrating in the style he did.
And, you then posit the view that Klopp will reflect and regret.
Maybe he wonā€™t.
Maybe he is coming to the end of his tether with the bias and corruption in the PL?

If he gets a touchline ban, on review then that is 180Ā° turn from the Robbo incident.
And consistent with the bias that exists.

And my strong suspicion is that Klopp will walk eventually.
He is a man with honour and passion and probably a lone voice against the tide of crap his club endure.

And once again.
Hypocrites?
I know your comment above is aimed at me and a few others.
Itā€™s out of order.

2 Likes

100%.
Its actually great to see someone, our boss standing up to the likes of Tierney

4 Likes

Itā€™s obvious that we are winning again, when we were in 10th place nobody bothered about us, now all of a sudden the usual suspects are rolling over each other screaming for a touchline ban ā€¦

6 Likes

They might not be racist individually, but if I recall correctly, there was some reporting a while ago that suggested that as per usual, it was an institutionally racist organisation.

Notes of a lot of non-white referees being sidelined, racist comments being passed, etc.

2 Likes

Do it, and ban him if he was out of line. Fully agree that he ought to be banned if there was nothing in the audio.

Canā€™t see that happening.

The FA would not dare release the audio, as it would open them up in future to scrutiny.

I genuinely hate this whole burying-the-head-in-the-sand bullshit.

Just pretending the problem doesnā€™t exist to everyone else who does see it.

This one?Explosive evidence of racial bias against selecting minority referees for the Premier League ā€“ 7amkickoff

2 Likes