The Referees or The Twelfth Man

The thing that really pisses me off about that tackle on Diaz is the complete indifference to it. If Tierney saw it as a yellow, or even just a foul, then I’d still think he was wrong put put it in the category of a difference of opinion.

But to just wave it away as a coming together, part of the game, is fucking bizarre. Needs calling out.

1 Like

Also on a side note, we need to get rid of all 4th officials and have them replaced with stewards or other type of security…what are they there to actually do? Oversee the incompetence of the onfield ref and ensuring nothing dramatic happens on the touch line? They never do. They’re standing in figures who are always remonstrated with by both sets of managers in virtually any game you see. Get them out and replace with actual professionals who can prevent a situation getting out of hand.

2 Likes

They are there to do administrative shit, but mostly to act as a reserve in the event one of the initial officials cannot continue. It only happens rarely, but in today’s high stakes and packed schedule, you dont want to cancel a game because the linesman pulls a hamstring.

2 Likes

you don’t know what the 4th official does, but you want them replaced?

Drunk Aidy Bryant GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

He says that, and later claims Klopps reaction is juvenile.

Thats fine, then for emergency purposes keep them inside the dressing room far away from the pitch or dugouts, they are not trained to act as peacemakers between 2 teams benches.

I’m not the manager of LFC though, I don’t have cameras on me that’s showcased to the world.

You would’ve seen it was a rhetorical question if you kept on reading.

that’s your reasoning? LOL okay

Yes. I’m putting forward suggestions that would vastly improve the game for everyone.

Come On Please GIF by NBA

2 Likes

What about when your manager pulls a hamstring?:joy:

So its ok for Mason, Moyes, Arteta to whine like kittens. Its ok for Mourinho to incite trouble. For Arteta to blithely ignore technical area etiquette.
Its acceptable that Guardiola is a fucking fraud.

Its fine for all of this, but the best manager we could hope for is now judged by his own supporters in this manner.

Seriously
Get a fucking grip.

3 Likes

That is easy, they get a yellow card :wink:

1 Like

To me the whole PL referee guild seems to be a group of bitter, corrupt and racist white men who are living in the past.

2 Likes

There are a lot of hypocrites on here, how can people lambast the behaviour of other managers and then condone the behaviour of our wonderful boss.

I do understand his frustration and I would imagine upon reflection Jurgen wouldn’t be happy with hiw he reacted.

Because he’s our wonderful boss

3 Likes

Why would he be unhappy?
Seriously.
He reacted in the moment and got a yellow card.

Is it not ok to show a bit of passion?

So don’t have a go at other managers who also show that passion.

Also, Jurgen is one that does often reflect and wish he hadn’t done what he did.

1 Like