The Referees or The Twelfth Man

Apparently the handball rule has changed a lot but the only time a goal would have been disallowed for an accidental hand ball the goal needed to happen “immediately” after the offence so its very unlikely that would have gone against us under any interpretation of the rules.

What is it with those organizations, in Holland, we have just the same sort of loser in charge, shit at refereeing but apparently they talk the talk people who appoint them want to hear?

You missed this bit then that clear indicates that there are patterns to it and not just general mistakes;

"It’s got to the stage where I’ll be delving back into the big, big data we’ve collated on officiating on TTT over the past 5+ years to prove a few more points about how clear patterns show that officials do not apply the laws blindly or fairly, but with prejudice and favouritism, even if it’s not provably due to corruption (beyond the corruption of cronyism and accepting incompetence, as well as lying to the fans and viewers).

While I may be emotional about all this stuff, it’s from years of seeing the patterns in the data, that show how unbalanced the officiating really is. These are not one-off incidents but part of a years’-long trend."

1 Like

As I said…

1 Like

don’t waste your time. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You understand that “not provably” is not the same as “isn’t” don’t you? OJ Simpson wasn’t proven to have killed his wife but he still did it!

And it doesn’t have to be corruption or conspiracy (although minor, individual instances of both probably exist, have before and will again in this sport)! That doesn’t mean there still aren’t patterns caused by; with prejudice and favouritism!

1 Like

Football governing bodies have always seen itself as smarter than everything else (snouts in the trough and not getting anything done to them will do that I suppose) and with the introduction of VAR decided to reinvent the wheel because, you know, they’re smarter than anyone else and Rugby and Cricket are niche sports so no fucking way could they be right in their application of a Ref with a monitor. No, we’re fucking football so let’s do it the ‘right’ way. Fucking idiots.

I cannot comprehend how such incompetence goes unpunished without thinking of backhanders or undue influence.

4 Likes

Once again with feeling…
I doubt that a conspiracy against Liverpool exists amongst referees.

I 100% believe that a general bias against the club exists, a bias borne out of events in the past.

1 Like

Also remember when the whistle was blown early that time just as we were counter attacking Man U? Guess who?

1 Like

Tierney in the PL this season

1 Like

That is pretty damning especially as we’re not a team known for excessive hard tackling or dirty play. Fabinho or Milner might make a tactical foul here and there but even that is not in spades or even every game. Pretty shocking. If that’s not evidence of someone being skewed then I don’t know what is.

4 Likes

What are the legal avenues we can take? Surely we could lodge an official complaint of bias?

1 Like

United fan perhaps?

Yellows for Keita and Tsimikas are examples why it’s so skewed. So obvious now and glad Klopp’s comments very so audible and he later called it as well

2 Likes

This has been studied in many different contexts scientifically. It’s called confirmation bias.

Now, some homework from the refs is reasonable. But then during the game, you need to ref what’s in front of you, not in your head, and just use the knowledge judiciously. For example, believe it or not, there will be an (admittedly rare) occasion when Ashley Young is actually fouled for a penalty.

Now onto VAR. This season’s procedure is heavily weighted on the on field ref, and for VAR not to re-referee. This seems a reasonable stance. That’s all and good, but an easy tweak will make things sane - A COMMON SENSE RULE.

If something is so blatantly obvious that the proverbial blind man can see it, then VAR should act rather than being in “computer say no” mode.

3 Likes

The problem with VAR is it’s literally the same group of refs making reviews on their mates decisions. It should be a completely independant body that isn’t scared to over-rule the ref, it’s meant to be there to help but now it’s become a complete joke because it’s scared of “showing up” the ref. Which back to my original point that most refs are egotistical narcissists and couldn’t possibly ever be wrong. It’s a fundementally flawed system.

If you implemented an independant team for VAR, and a system where consistent “poor officiating” was highlighted and punishments were dolled out it would be far far better.

I don’t expect much though, look at FIFA, look at UEFA and FFP… Look at our own Tory fucks investigating themselves consistantly breaking their own rules…

4 Likes

This is staggering. Tierney clearly seems to have an issue with LFC, at least this season. Klopp was right.

Do you know how these numbers compare to former seasons?

Tierney was an ex professional hairdresser that hails from Wigan
He has stated in the past he is a big Latics fan (Wigan Athletic)
Short back and sides with a red card anyone.!

1 Like

This is Tierney’s overall PL record. Unfortunately transfermarkt doesn’t break it down season by season, it’s just record from…and you then have to extrapolate compared with the following season.

Incidentally, the last column is how many penalties he’s awarded that team…

Here’s a link to his transfermarkt page

1 Like

Zero penalties to Liverpool, amongst the most attacking sides in Europe.
Five to Man Utd?
Fucking hell!!!

5 Likes