The Room 101 thread

British football newspaper journalists – ffs, they are atrocious in their delivery of asking post match questions. Disregarding the oftentimes absurd content of the questions, I’m specifically talking about the way they deliver the question.

First, it’s as if they’re making up the question as they’re speaking– with shit structure. Why don’t they just write the damn question down first in a concise way rather than having to correct themselves three times within the one sentence question. It happens too many times like this.

Second, many of the players are not native speakers of English. Maybe it’s their second, third, or even fourth language. And yet the journalists use colloquialisms from their particular region of the UK. How on earth is a player meant to understand them? Ok, I can understand using scouse informal way of speaking to a Liverpool player, but then you’ll get a journalist with an accent from a different region, and yet still use their own regional way of speaking in the question. Madness.

What are they trying to achieve by doing this? They wait 10 minutes for their turn for the question via Zoom, and then struggle to say the fucking question. How did they get to the position that they are in? Is it all nepotism?

5 Likes

Hmmmm…so?

Actually i don’t understand why people hate mcdonald’s, starbucks on and on…

Never liked McDonalds,shit food made by a big ginger nonce looking clown.

4 Likes

Went to a Burger King it’s on another planet to McDonalds, it was a long trip.

1 Like

Generally I think fast food has been unfairly targeted by holier than thou food snobs :laughing:

Bring back Wimpy. Nom nom.

4 Likes

Fast Food Factory. :cry:

For me personally because of stuff like this. I won’t go near any of these places. Rather support my local independent

4 Likes

Fair enough on that end, I was more onto the food part. I used to supply food ingredients to big and small establishments and I met my fair share of chefs who told me “Sorry I only use fresh ingredients” and one day I decided to ask “so you have a cow waiting in your kitchen now where you slice the steak on demand?” Because that is as fresh as you can get. Its not fresh if it was chilled yesterday and only reach you today. So I think there are some snobs out there who refuse to acknowledge that the food at Macs, BK, Starbucks etc…are not that bad…

That’s silly fresh means not frozen even if it is compost.
A good steak requires that the dead animal is hung … for example.
I reckon quality price if hygiene is good these outlets do ok except Starbucks which is a coffee shop and last time I had a coffee in one it was fucking disgusting (always black no sugar) I presume it only gets drinkable when lots of other shit is added.

I think places like Starbucks is never about having the best coffee anyway…its decent, and to be, its the consistency you get throughout the starbucks around the globe… but I had a couple of Brazilian colleagues who actually think that the Cappucino served in Mcdonalds is surprisingly good. I think there are pretty good burgers in Mcd, BUrger King, Wendy’s. Carl’s JR, Five Guys etc…

No way can coffee be judged by a cappucio. Black no sugar is the test and starbucks is shit! :wink:
Compare McDo with BK and there is nothing surprising about their burgers. However my grippe is over hygiene, you shouldn’t end up with the shits after eating fast food out of the freezer Oh! and that plastic ‘cheese stuff’ what the fuck is that?

1 Like

I prefer a good pie to burgers,steak and kidney,chicken and mushroom pie and I’m quite partial to a Cornish pasty or two,old school.

2 Likes

I think Brazilians have a strange way of drinking coffee, at least the ones I know, they add sugar to all their coffee…for Coffee, I think its true that Italy serves the best ones…even their gas stations have good espresso. Hell even their Mcd coffee is good. As for Hygiene, I guess it varies from place to place…despite all the protocols i guess as a franchise, some international fast food chains in some countries look worse than the street stalls…

1 Like

I went to Rome once didn’t have a poor coffee once (and I drink gallons of the stuff) so as you say I think Italy is coffee heaven. I do occassionally add sugar to my coffee however just 3 grains of sugar in half a mug and you have a completely different drink milk or any powder doctors it even more I wouldn’t call it strange but different and it’s not testing the coffee but the additives.
As for hygiene the corporation is responsible they train the staff and source the ingredients but it does vary from region to region and outlet to outlet. Still for the price it’s a meal that is quick and easy that puts a smile on kids faces (that’s the power of marketing).

3 Likes

When do you think you’ll finish paying off the loan you must have taken out? Pretty much had to remortgage my house last time I went to Rome and got myself an ice-cream.

1 Like

Maybe he went to rome in France.

I didn’t eat ice cream!
My trip to Rome wasn’t planned (though I thoughily enjoyed it) it was for my brothers wedding. His in laws knew people there so we got a lot of special deals (that my ‘wealthy’ parents helped pay for).
As for me my kids and I found very cheap flights and the coffee was cheaper than in France. Due to my excesses on the wedding night we ending up living on bread and water for a a few months my kids didn’t seem to notice compared to my cooking. :rofl:

Nah! but it was the only time since living in France that I went abroad as such. Just roaming France and the UK visiting friends and familly which tends to be fairly cheap outside of petrol and damned motorway tolls. :smiley:

1 Like