The Room 101 thread

Clearly, you don’t have useless teenage boys. I had the same question, until recently when I had to remotely run the machine, having made them load it.

Mind you, I am not sure how valuable that really is as a feature.

Maybe it is in case you lose it somewhere in the house… Go on your App - Find My Washing Machine :0)

Smart appliances can be very useful. We have a whole host of commands programmed into then so they automatically run off excess solar. Considering the availability of wholesale power here (ie you enter a contract for the retailer to pass on the 5min spot price which could be $100 per kWh, 35c per kWh or even -$3 per kWh) this can be even more profitable as your appliance can be configured to actually pay you money for consuming electricity.

1 Like

I’ve marked ours with our postcode and a contact number in case we lose it while we’re out and about. :+1::wink::nerd_face:

Made the mistake of buying a Hoover tumble dryer which was touch operated, and also bluetooth & wifi enabled.
I actually bought it for the 10 kg capacity, not for any of that nonsense.

Well the touch on/off function stopped working when it was 14 months old.
Rang Hoover, who kindly explained that an engineer could come out and repair it for a call out charge of £234 - I was speechless.

She then asked how I’d like to proceed.

I’ll proceed to the Argos website and buy a new one which definitely wont be a fucking Hoover - Goodbye.

2 Likes

Out of interest…

When did you buy the washing machine,

And did you use a credit card?

Buy it from John Lewis, just for their customer service.

1 Like

Tumble dryer.
No, I don’t have a credit card.
It’s gone to the skip now anyway :rage:

People talking about bloody washing machines.

1 Like

And if it’s something top end, probably their price as well.

1 Like

if you paid via credit card, i would have suggested lookingn into a section 75 complaint.

i once gto £600 back on repair on for my car using the section 75 complaint

Riveting conversation, lads. I’ve made the popcorn and eagerly waiting for more. While I wait, I reckon I’ll just watch some paint dry as well. Just to enhance the whole experience, y’know.

1 Like

If you had one of those refrigerators, you could watch the food go off …

1 Like

Or you could just watch replays of Man City.

I’d rather gouge my eyes out. Good grief. I can barely stomach them live, unless I happen to turn them on and see them losing.

1 Like

I remember a rather charming converted barn air bb in Bordeaux which had a similar idea but far more practical. There was a little door in the front of the big door which opened onto the beer shelf. Genius.

As for bluetooth and wifi white goods, what a first world situation. My neighbour can turn up the temp of his hot tub from work ready for when he gets home. It’s like summon on a Tesla, it’s just a gimick and you only ever use it to show people rather than actually using it. The dancing doors on the model X an excellent example. Tech for the sake of tech.

My 83” wifi and bluetooth touch screen at work is entirely justified on a practical basis. Ahem……

we were sitting in the parking lot after a late Friday match having a few pops and another team was having a similar post-game session. One of the players opens up his Tesla and engaged some kind of fucking disco mode on it with the stereo system. Not sure what the hell that was, but an interesting option to say the least.

See it at all the wedding fairs, “Look what our car can do!”

This

1 Like

Fair.

Still having a model S plaid when I can afford it though.