The Rugby Union Thread

With the caveat that not much is understood about the cause of MNDs, the connection to head injury is harder to imagine.

1 Like

nail on head

p.s. can apply to most things though… doctors/city denizens/most high paying jobs

1 Like

This is so damned complex it is only tangentially about rugby at all

1 Like
2 Likes

I think they’re done by the sounds of it. The players, or at least some have been released.

I wish I knew more on how and why to be honest.

1 Like

That Guardian piece has a lot of information, but it is a very confusing situation. As far as I can tell, the value of the grounds were stripped out of the club (nominally placed in a different company) but have now been left outside the administration process. If I am right, should be an impressive return on a ÂŁ1 investment.

1 Like

Wasps in administration now too, and their financial situation actually appears worse than Worcester’s overall.

1 Like

Makes you wonder who is next.

This is 2-3 years after Saracens were nailed for doing a City.

1 Like

It’s quite funny really. They, the English clubs, bemoaned the French system of capping yet there’s was complete nonsense. :rofl:

I’ve been meaning to look in to itbut as you’re here I might as well ask.

How is the French league so cash rich?

I don’t know that it is, ok you have Toulouse a giant club, Clermont backed by Michelin, Racing I haven’t looked at closely but I presume the richman is still there.
I think the system in France pushed clubs to develop talent, some started that way, some were helped but it was the logical thing. Look at Toulon they had a benefactor who got things rolling but in the end it was the development of the academy part that keeps them going now.
Having a system that keeps you within what you can afford helps. Of course one could point fingers at Biarritz who got away with crazyness for ages (until Bayonne refused to bail them out) however Bourguin didn’t go far trying to cheat the books.
Toulouse is massive always has been always will be.
I think France has some advantages over sponsorship and how that is regulated, of course Stade Francais, Toulon and Racing had their benefactors, only really Racing still have that. Stade Francais went through very rough times Toulon adapted due to how involved their benefactor was.
Clubs like Montpellier built from the bottom.
If you look at the English system it’s mad!

1 Like

Poop today. Outclassed pretty much.

Ireland doing a number on South Africa. Fair play.

2 Likes

Outclassed, but a mentally tough performance. Gap widened late, but I thought that was a very entertaining match - the middle 40 minutes were really tight.

1 Like

Yeah some credit to stay in it but there was a massive difference in accuracy when in the 22. The All Blacks came away with points every time while Wales wasted opportunities through errors or poor decisions.

Plus you always expect the All Blacks to open up in the final 10. You have to be with them at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0VYko4B5c

Great game of rugby.

1 Like

I need to watch this. Some of yesterday’s games too.

England were very unlucky with that sending off otherwise they would have won. despite that they would have won had that line out been given at the end but very good honest rugby

This England team hasn’t improved, probably regressed over the last 2-3 years. Jones is such a poor coach, can’t sort out Englands discipline.

Still sticking with Billy as a no.8 he does nothing around the ruck where England are always beaten. Such a slow and un-agile back row.

And here comes Youngs, another of the old guard who are 2 years past their best… Slows the game down so much.

NZ should have won that. Disgraceful refereeing. Should have done better at the end conceding those tries. NZ played way within themselves for much of that game.