The Rugby Union Thread

They look perfectly normal - I have no idea what rubbish you’re dribbling on about

They do offer good mobility if you dont mind a bit of pressure on the nethernayer

What a career. I dont know how he managed to keep playing footie while fronting Kajagoogoo

I’m not saying it was specifically a case of purposefully trying to throw it over someone’s head and catch it, only that Wales benefited from weird edge case about the knock on rule that relates to whether you’d be able to do it.

I just asked a mate and he said it involved LRZ and Williams where LRZ spilled it forward, but in lunging to regain control of it knocked it backwards with his leg before it hit the floor. The ball popped up to Williams and he ran it in and no one was quite sure whether it should have stood or not.

I was going say the shorts.

An ex of mine got hooked after asking me what was this garbage I was watching one morning.

AH I do have a vague memory of that one yes.

So is Gaelic football, which supports @Arminius point about it’s evolution

Brilliant first half of rugby in the Ireland - SA game

1 Like

Ooooiiiirrrrland! :tada::clinking_glasses::smile:

4 Likes

Why Zombie in particular? Great song, mind.

i don’t think there is any other significance other than it gets played at the gaa and has now transferred to the rugby.

Great result. But doing a lap of honour after winning a group game is small time.

Upload GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Ended up being a really weird game. If South Africa made half their kicks, they win comfortably, and they had other execution errors (i.e. lineout, not throwing straight) that took away from what might have looked like periods of dominance.

I was absolutely pulling for Ireland to win, so was not at all disappointed to see how it ended. But to my eye, that looked like collapsing the maul - when the ref started to move, I was expecting a penalty try.

I expect the Boks’ next opponent is going to get a ferocious beatdown.

1 Like

I watched England batter Chile. There where some really outrageous calls, Jaco Peyper noticed and gave a forward pass. The playing field is not level with these numbkins!

Cmon boyos

2 Likes

Aussie fly half is a prime 80s Stefan Dennis

Got to admit I was wondering if that was his chosen style or a Tour haircut.

There’s a few good ones in that Australian side

Their haircuts are really bad.

Their rugby is worse. This is currently Wales’ biggest win over them ever. I knew they weren’t in a good spot but I expected a lot more from them

1 Like

I’ve never noticed this but in terms of look a likes, Barnes has a real Tom Hiddlestone look about him